+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    RoRo - let us know how you go with the lactation consultant. I went through a really painful time because of incorrect latch and once I worked at taking our time and really making sure they were latched correctly, it got better so quickly. Lots to work out isn't there? But you'll be so proud of yourselves for each stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsE she is beautiful. A perfect valentines gift!

Sam looks like he's very happy there RoRo.

My favourite saying is 'enjoy the little things'. It's all so precious as we are all so well aware of. Have fun with your squishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Quiet here isn't it!? I'm to blame too, as I haven't been on here updating.

We are doing well. I'm also seeing the lactation consultant tomorrow to hopefully get Leah back on the breast. We had to stop her as my nipples were so damaged by the earlier attempts. Desperately hoping it works as pumping all the time is such a pain. Aside from that we have settled into home fairly easily. She is still a bit jaundiced and that makes her sleepy, so generally she is pretty easy to deal with. Really would like to see the jaundice gone though.

Here's a picture of the little munchkin today...10 days old.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1424759372.393950.jpg

Hope you are all doing really really well and I look forward to some more updates here soon.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, what a cutie she is. xxx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is adorable!!! I miss those early days MrsErinR. I hope you're making the most of the sleepy now. It's such a beautiful time. I'll have to get a pic of my twins and post it soon. I haven't taken a nice one in ages! I hope the breastfeeding sorts out. You're doing well to express...wow! Do you know I could NEVER get a drop from expressing. I think I had a weird aversion to it and just couldn't get it to work. Fortunately it didn't matter and I managed to breastfeed for a year anyhow. It's amazing all the advice that is out there about problems that can occur if you don't do this or do that, but I found the bubs to be really flexible with changes. So I am sure you've got a great chance of working the breastfeeding back when you are healed. Oh....she is just so cute!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    GAH I've been so slack!!

HUGE congratulations to RoRo and MrsE!! Sam and Leah and just gorgeous.

How did your visit with the LC go MrsE? Hopefully we'll and you and your little girl are finding your breastfeeding "feet". It's funny to think of something so natural as bf to actually be a learned "skill" - but there it is. It's definitely worth it to persist. xx

Glad to hear your news EmmaJ! Not too long to go now!! Wishing you nothing but the best of luck for your trip

Oooh congrats wunsi!! How are you travelling??

AFM, baby Z is now 8 and a half months old. Not crawling yet (I'm fine with that!!) and no teeth but she is super duper animated and charms the pants off of everyone she meets. We recently travelled to NYC (on the way to see my family in Canada) and have NEVER before experienced the city like that! It's like they had never seen a baby before lol. Even on the subway complete strangers were talking to us (well, her) .

I'm back to work on Monday:/. Hopefully won't be a *complete* mess.

Just can't believe how quickly time has flown.

Love to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just typed a reply here but lost it, so I'll do a quick one.....

Dying to hear the latest from our busy new mums...hint hint....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat, and everyone else.

I'm doing well. We're getting into the swing of things with our little girl. Her jaundice has lifted and she's a lot more active now. I started breastfeeding again which is great although it does tie you to bub somewhat. I occasionally express so I can go out and leave her with DH and actually he is going to do one of the feeds tonight so I can get a longer stretch of sleep. All things considered though, I think we've been pretty lucky with sleep. She can sleep a 3-4 hour stretch at night so I am up usually 2-3 times.

She does suffer from 'witching hour' (although it's more like 3 hours) most days. But from all I've read about the topic it's pretty normal behavior. We appreciate when it happens before bedtime rather than after so we aren't up consoling her when we should be sleeping. She makes it up to us though, by being super cute :-)

Back to the mchn tomorrow for her 4 week check. I'm hoping she's had a good weight gain. I fear it will be less than I'm hoping as I'm a bit worried she's not feeding enough.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you mrserinr. How did you go with the weigh in? Yes witching hour is a bit cruel being at the end of the day when you're tired too hey? Mine didn't have it much but used to feed a lot in the late afternoon, which tied me to the lounge chair a lot late in the day. My best 'tip' - which I still use now- is to get everything done early in the day and then it frees you up and takes all the pressure off in the afternoon or evening. So I still prepare dinner in the morning, get the basic washing and tidying done, all before 10am. Then if the rest of my day turns into a mess, or the babies need me constantly, I am free to relax and just devote my day to them if I have to. If all goes well, I can get other bigger jobs done later, but if not I at least have the basics done. This worked beautifully in our 'newborn' days as it lowered my own expectations of myself later in the day and let me just give the babies what they needed without guilt or pressure about doing other things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was up from 3290gm to 3595gm, so just over 300gm in two weeks. This is about the minimum they'd be happy with so the MHCN was happy but I was a bit upset that she hadn't gained more. Anyway, it seems she is at least getting sufficient food and hopefully the gains will only improve. She is well on track for length and head circumference.

That's a really good tip on preparing meals in the morning. I will definitely do that.

RoRo, how are you getting on?