+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarneygirl View Post
    Hi there ladies,

Hope you don't mind a new member joining in.

I am turning 40 in May and am the mum to a gorgeous 7 month old little girl who was the result of our first round of IVF. I have one blocked/partially blocked tube, hubby has dodgy sperm too. We tried for 3 years exactly to conceive our little princess.

We would love for her to have a playmate but we don't have the money for ivf again. Am I just setting myself for disappointment? I mean technically we can only get six chances a year to get pregnant. Should we find the money for ivf, anyone no the odds of conceiving first round again? I know I should be happy with just her and a I am I just wish she had siblings like I did.
    Welcome Killarneygirl. Congrats on your little girl. I don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid. But, if you had success first time last time then it sounds like they may have gotten your drugs and protocol right first time which must set you up well for the future. That said, there are just no guarantees with IVF unfortunately. I wish there was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Killarneygirl! Welcome to our little thread. We're being a bit quiet at the moment but there is a lovely bunch of ladies in here.

According to my clinic, success rate for IVF depends on your age, and it can be as high as 50% if you're under 30. If you're nearly 40 like me it's down near 20% (and that includes any FETs from the cycle, as well as the fresh cycle). I'm in the jabbing phase of my third cycle with no luck so far, so I hope the odds are about to swing in my favour.

Quick update from me: fourth day of Gonal-F today after a week of Buserelin (yep, three needles total per day at the moment) and so far I have no negative side effects and am starting to feel O pain, which I'm taking as a good sign. Hoping for EPU next Monday. I am oscillating between hope and despair, which I have learned is pretty normal for an IVF cycle - just trying to keep an even keel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RoRo, make sure you update us on how your egg pickup goes. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitely RoRo! I need to live through you for now :-)

It has been quiet on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm following along still and thinking of you roro. Hope the side effects are still being kind to you. Crossing fingers for a good result on Monday!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still following along too

Thinking of you RoRo - not too long until Monday now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw, thank you for thinking of me, everyone! I will do my best to keep you up to date.

I had another blood test this morning, after Monday's test showed my estrogen levels not rising very fast. EPU is likely to be towards the end of next week now (rats) and I should know more when I get the test results back in a couple of hours. So far so good re side effects - I have headaches every day and I've got a little bit of acne (at nearly 40!!) but that's all, so I am grateful for that.

I'm starting to feel my ovaries twinging, so I am visualising a dozen healthy follicles expanding.... hoping to get at least a few good eggs out of this one!

I've worked out that if I get pregnant from this cycle, I'll be due on my Mum's birthday - which would be lovely, as she's currently having chemo for colon cancer and it would be so good to give her something to look forward to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey ladies, just a quick post to say we had a great result at our 20wk scan today - showed a healthy and happy baby girl. I feel like I can maybe relax now?? Absolutely exhausted!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naaaw...roro, I really hope you get a bub due on your mum's birthday, how special would that be! I also hope your mum is travelling ok. What a lot you are contending with at the moment. Good luck!

Littleduck, that's lovely news. Congratulations on your beautiful little bundle being a girl, good to hear she's progressing well. Try your best to enjoy it all, it's such a precious time.

Anyone else have news? 2014 should bring all the best things... You all deserve it so so so so much!!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is great news about your 20 wk scan LittleDuck, I can imagine you must feel relieved.

AFM, have made it through the first hurdle in this pregnancy with the 7 wk scan showing a fetal pole and heartbeat. Now it's just biding time and trying not to worry until the 12 wk scan.