+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies!

Yes, you should definitely get packing Roro. I got hospitalised at 37 weeks (fortunately later released) and gave my DH a list of what to pack. I opened the bag up to discover lots of lovely, frilly lacy undies! So certainly a good idea to do it yourself now.

My big tip is to take Ural and Movicol with you. The Ural reduces the burn down under if you have a VB, and the Movicol makes going to the toilet afterwards far less scary (which it can be, whether you've had a VB or a CS).

Things I wouldn't pack again include togs, stress balls, music player, massage oil... I think I had the impression it'd be like going to a day spa, when it's actually more like a rugby match!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tips taken Gentoo - stopping in at the pharmacy on the way home for Ural and Movicol. (I know Ural has the same brand name here... I hope Movicol does too).

I need to buy some granny panties - all mine are of the little lacy variety, and my butt size hasn't changed tooooo much during pregnancy so they all fit under my bump. But I imagine I'll want the big panties for post partum. Glamourous!

And your day spa v rugby match description made me laugh out loud at the bus stop in front of half a dozen people - just so you know . (If it's like a rugby match do I need a dozen beers and some spiked shoes?).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just been buying my granny undies too RoRo. Very glam...haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Gentoo, always a wonderful sight that blob and flicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I do love your analogy of labour. I felt like I'd run a marathon and mine was short! I would take music though, it just made the room a bit more 'ours' if that makes sense. I used a lactulose supplement that the hospital supplied and my SIL has a great one that I'll use this time, gauze pads soaked with witch hazel. Great for soothing and healing the nether regions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ural and Movicol acquired. Hospital bag now almost ready.

We are trying out names - we've got about twenty on the list, so bub gets called by each name for a day, to see if it fits. Today he is called Harrison. So far I like it. What do you ladies think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, it's getting so close and so exciting RoRo! I have always really liked the name Harrison. Good choice in my opinion.
    My advice was also to pack the bag but I see that you now have that covered. Granny undies are still being used here because I bought so many to take to hospital!! They were great when I ended up with a C-section. As were yoga pants with soft waist band.
    I didn't need any metmucil but I ate lots of fruit and drank lots of water. Highly recommend a notepad and pen. Lots of forms to fill in and things to remember, even gifts etc.
    A little idea is line up someone to buy a newspaper on baby's birthday. It can be hard for you or partner to do or remember. A friend of mine also took a photo of the day outside for each of my girls to have. That was sweet when I was in hospital world and couldn't have told you what the day was like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great advice, Nat, thank you!

How are your girls getting on now? You were waiting for a scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    That's great advice, Nat, thank you!

How are your girls getting on now? You were waiting for a scan?
    Yes our girls had their MRI under general anaesthetic prior to xmas. They are fine. 'Benign macrocephaly' which is big heads but no problem with the brain. So it seems it is just a family thing, as we suspected. The neurosurgeon is going to keep checking them regularly but it seems there is no effect on the brain, or fluid on the brain, as was their concern. I think because they have been such late crawlers it pointed to a problem, but we have always suspected that their very 'laid back', easy going natures are more reason for this than any issue!! Anyhow, they are still slow to get moving, they are 18 months now and still only crawling, not walking, but I'm enjoying it while I can. I'm sure the running stage will come soon enough!! Apart from that they are going incredibly well still. I can't believe what a dream ride we have had. I can't wait to hear of your little one soon. How exciting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, it's great to hear that everyone's pregnancies are progressing as they should.

Nat I M glad to hear that your little girls are doing well and there are no problems.

AFM, DP and I are planning to head to South Africa in May for a try with donor eggs. We have a donor picked out and I am just waiting to see if she is available at that time. The donor we want hasn't donated before so she is an unknown responder, but she is so like me that I just have to try - we are even exactly the same height . My sister and mother immediately chose her out of the three I was looking at because her child photos look like me when I was younger to. Luckily for me DP was pretty happy to go with whatever donor I liked best, so in the end it only took us a couple of days to find 'the one'.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing all your updates as pregnancies progress and more bubs are born

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (26-02-2015)