+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feel free to share your ideas Nat. So long as I can do them laying down :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eyes on the Prize Mrs E! All I can think of that you can do while lying down is make lists....and delegate lol. Online shopping??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Knitting? Online research for all that stuff we're supposed to need for new babies? Lots of reading? House of Cards?

Whatever you choose, I will be thinking of you and hoping you get to see your baby on schedule

I've just done the maths and realised I have 40 working days left before I start my maternity leave in mid January (having two weeks off for Christmas and then coming back to work for two weeks). OMG. That doesn't feel like anywhere near enough to get everything done.... and my company hasn't even started looking for a replacement for me yet, as far as I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wunsi, how did your scan go? I'm crossing everything you got to see a flicker!

KezzaBaby, congratulations! Hope your journey from here on is smooth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow RoRo, not long now. You must be so excited, if not a bit overwhelmed I am sure. X

AFM, 8 DPO and waiting with baited breath to see if this month has worked. I have started the process for egg donation in South Africa like MrsErinR, but am still going to try for a natural pregnancy up until I start IVF meds for the trip to SA, which I am planning for March. You never know your luck

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saying hi. How are you all going?

I'm still on bedrest. Have another scan this afternoon which is exciting as I actually get to leave the house and be a part of the world for a little while!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, the Bub Hub app is no longer compatible with my phone, so I'll check in on my laptop sometimes but might not be up to date on things. I'll get that list down for you though MrsErinR! Pleased things are still good, let us know how the scan goes. I look forward to hearing how others are going. Well the big news with us is that our twins are FINALLY crawling!!! They have been really slow on their gross motor skills so it has taken 16 months for one and 17 months for the other to get going. All other development is excellent though so now that they are moving I'm relieved but not surprised (I knew they just needed to do it in their own time). We have an appointment with a nuerosurgeon in the big smoke next Tuesday to look further into their hydrocephalus though. This is fluid on the brain and in our girls it seems to be benign and just due to hereditary large heads but it's best to keep an eye on it anyhow and find out some more information. It seems the round of health professionals never ends after fertility, IVF and now this! Anyhow, it all sounds far more scary than it is and the girls are wonderful, bright little sparks who are keeping me endlessly busy but very very happy to be their mum Look forward to hearing other people's news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Sorry I didn't get back for an update yesterday. The news here is good! We went for our scan and there was no sign of the SCH!! We are thrilled. We thought it would be smaller but didn't expect it to be gone.

Then we headed to see the doctor, thinking he would remain conservative and keep me on bedrest, but instead, he said I should rest through this weekend and then I can return to normal activities. But, by normal he means a reduced level of normal. So, I have to ease back in slowly and take things slowly in general.

I never thought I'd make it back to work, but I'm going in for a few hours on Monday.

Nat, that interesting about the hydrocephalus. I had to go and read up about it. Is there anything the neurosurgeon could do to help with that?

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I've been following along, waiting for MrsErinR and Roro to finally get their much deserved outcomes and waiting with baited breath on each update. I'm so, so thrilled to be able to congratulate you both!!!! You have both waited so long and put so much effort into getting to where you are, and it is truly wonderful that you're both now on the home stretch. I'm so glad to hear that the SCH has cleared up, MrsErinR. And I hope you're enjoying your last few weeks in the countdown, Roro! (Trust me, get as much sleep and shopping and reading nooks and watching movies as you can in now!)

I'm popping my head back up because we're thinking of TTC no. 2 soon. DS is now almost 15 months, and is a lively (ie. exhausting) little guy. He runs everywhere, scales the couch, climbs the stairs, and just generally enjoys providing mummy with frequent heart-stopping moments (and daycare incident reports). When I phrase it like that, the idea of adding a baby to the mix sounds insane! But, he's lots of fun too and gives excellent cuddles. I'm also harbouring the hope that while a 2nd may initially be more work, eventually they'll hopefully be able to amuse each other.

Just hope we don't end up like a work colleague of DH, whose no. 2 turned out to be a no. 2, 3 AND 4....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gentoo! Great to hear from you and thank you for the congratulations! Good luck with TTC #2 - hopefully I'll be in that position in about a year too . Are you jumping back into TTC full bore or just seeing how it goes for a while?

MrsErinR I'm so glad you're allowed out and back into a somewhat normal life! Hope this week at work hasn't been too exhausting, especially now that summer is nearly here - I'm having trouble with the heat in NZ so can't imagine what it must be like in Australia..

My bub has learned a new trick this week: hiccups! Every day since Monday he's had hiccups first thing in the morning and at least once again during the day. It's kind of hilarious but also very distracting when I'm sitting in a meeting - I was interviewing a candidate for a job this morning and she must have thought I was away with the fairies, because I was having to cope with bub going in my stomach. Good thing his head is down and so the hiccup movements aren't visible when I'm clothed