+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for thinking of me, Nat. I've been okay; very busy at work the past few days, which has distracted me from worrying quite so much. The nausea hasn't come back, but I'm getting twinges - round ligament pain? - and DH and I have decided to wait for next week's scan. I have so many family things this weekend and I'd actually rather face them with secret worry than with secret grief. (We haven't told the family yet).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's good to hear. I'm glad you're going okay. I've lost track of how far along you are exactly but hopefully you're just lucky with the nausea and it's subsided. I never had any nausea even though it was twins so I don't believe any symptoms are necessarily a sure sign of anything any more. I did get round ligament pain early though.

Unfortunately it's all just waiting isn't it? There is no escaping the 'time' factor! I hope you can enjoy your family time.

AFM...DH and I are heading to marriage counselling this morning. It's our first time but I think we have hit a wall with the same old issues cropping up so it's time to get sorted. I've found having the twins an absolute joy but I think he has struggled with the responsibilities of all that we have to juggle in our lives now and it's caused a big divide between us where I feel let down when he doesn't "step up". He is amazing on practical help...(he got out of bed with me for every single night feed and nappy change when the girls used to wake at night), but I feel the weight of carrying all of the decision making etc and am missing the emotional support from him. So here goes! I'm really nervous but I hope it can make a difference.

So that's my little sharing. Even though we've been through so much and are so blessed, nothing is ever a fairytale and life is an ongoing process of keeping in check and doing the best we can hey? Wish me luck!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    NAT, so sorry to hear that your marriage is going through a tough time, but I think the fact that you are both prepared to go to marriage counselling to try and work it out is great, a lot of couples wouldn't bother. Not that I am any kind of expert but I would think the intent to work it out must be half the battle. I also think these days that women shoulder so much of the responsibility of the household. Often we are the decision makers, the homemakers and in charge of all the finances - and that doesn't include any out of home work we do too, so I think emotional support from the partner is really important for the female. I hope you can work things out. xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo, glad to hear you've been able to keep busy and distracted. I'll be crossing everything for you next week. When is your scan? Monday? The first trimester is truly agonizing isn't it, when you've had past failures. That's my feeling on it anyway.

Nat, how did the counseling go? I hope that you and DH were able to get something from it to start repairing things. It's great that you're both willing to do that as it definitely shows a desire to make things work.

How are you getting on EmmaJane and Wunsi?

AFM, nothing new. Just counting down to next scan on Monday and totally stressing myself out that there will be something wrong. So, situation normal ;-).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. We went okay at counselling. Last night was pretty crappy because obviously it brings up uncomfortable things and feels pretty gruelling so i was wondering if i even wanted to work at it. But today I feel far more positive and I'm sure we can tick along and make improvements.
    I think the babies turning one has made me look back a lot and it's quite scary how much distance has come between DH and I just because we have been so focused on bubs for a year. It didn't help that we have no family or close friends (the babysitting type!) nearby. It means we haven't had any time away from the girls together, not even to have a coffee, in a year. Looking back...that's a bit silly! Of course it was going to create distance! Derrrr!

Anyhow, our girls are great sleepers so we are free at home after 7pm each night so we'll use this to build some time together and get chatting again. I'm sure it will all work out with a bit of rebuilding. I'm trying to be kind to myself and not be too cross at myself for letting this happen, I suppose having twins was always going to mean not keeping everything under control perfectly eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo, thinking of you today. Do you have your scan today?

I have my scan today and I'm dreading the worst to be honest as I had another bleed on Friday :-(. That can't be good news.

I hope we both get pleasant surprises today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to you both! Been thinking of you this morning. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is tomorrow and I am dreading the worst too. My symptoms are largely gone - I just don't feel pregnant.

I hope you get great results MrsErinR and you see that little heart flickering away. I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks Nat for the thoughts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news here. Good heartbeat of 122 and measuring the right size. I can't even begin to explain the relief I feel. Still no idea where bleeding is coming from.

RoRo, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping you also get good news. I have found this week and last that my symptoms of anxiety seem to shadow over my pg symptoms. In both cases once I stopped stressing I could notice the pg symptoms again. I really hope it's the same for you.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, I heaved a big sigh of relief at your great results MrsErinR :-D. Hope your luck hold for me too!