+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yea one sitting on two cells and one at one cell I guess is that normal for day 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the TWW is going to have to wait again for me... Got the call from the nurses... My one embryo didn't make it over the weekend... Only grew to a six cell grade 3... Not suitable for transfer... So now have to wait for FS to call this afternoon to see where we go from here... Heading back home to townsville tomorrow... And will probably be taking April off as I have company coming overt he Easter holiday and that would be about the same time as EPU would be again... So will probably will have to wait until May... Will discuss with FS over the phone and see what she says... Maybe she'll want do a long cycle so we will see... I will stick around for support... Thanks for all the good vibes ladies ... It means a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, sorry to hear you didn't have success this time soques. I hope that if you have a break, you can relax and enjoy some time off from thinking about cycles for a little while. Definitely stick around and let us know what your FS recommends from here.

How is everyone else going? Any progress on donor eggs mrserinr?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Soques. I'm really sorry to hear your embryo didn't make it. That is very upsetting after everything you do to get to that stage. Thinking of you.

Nat, thanks for asking after me. I can't remember what I've told you all previously but we have now chosen a donor and we signed the contracts last week. The clinic in SA needed me to have an up to date pelvic ultrasound so I did that on Saturday and now I'm waiting for the results. If all is ok then I'll be paying deposits to the clinic and donor agency and things will kick off for real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry about your embie, Soques.

Big hugs.....do keep us posted!! xx

MrsE so exciting! How are you feeling about things? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your bad news Soques, I hope your FS has some plans for you going forward.

MrsErinR, thanks for keeping us updated on the donor egg process, I am really interested in finding out how you go as we may look into it eventually as well. Have you found the process straight forward? What clinic are you going through in SA and how did you make initial contact?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littleduck, I'm feeling good. I'm excited that we are going down this new path and I've spent a lot of time to get to the point where I feel comfortable with it. I had to accept that my own eggs were unlikely to get us there.

EmmaJane, it has been really straightforward so far. I have learnt so much from the ladies on the SA egg donation thread. That is well worth a read. We are going through Cape Fertility Clinic in Cape Town. I just contacted them via their website and they sent me a whole lot of info. They have been so responsive to emails and the doctor even called me to talk about choosing a good donor. Their responsiveness is impressive. There are a number of egg donor agencies where you can search for donors.

My biggest frustration is that I need to get ultrasound results to them before we can move further forward and it's taking ages to get them from the clinic here. It boggles my mind that they can't scan or email. I have to wait for Australia post!

Happy to answer any other questions.

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Littleduck, I'm feeling good. I'm excited that we are going down this new path and I've spent a lot of time to get to the point where I feel comfortable with it. I had to accept that my own eggs were unlikely to get us there.

EmmaJane, it has been really straightforward so far. I have learnt so much from the ladies on the SA egg donation thread. That is well worth a read. We are going through Cape Fertility Clinic in Cape Town. I just contacted them via their website and they sent me a whole lot of info. They have been so responsive to emails and the doctor even called me to talk about choosing a good donor. Their responsiveness is impressive. There are a number of egg donor agencies where you can search for donors.

My biggest frustration is that I need to get ultrasound results to them before we can move further forward and it's taking ages to get them from the clinic here. It boggles my mind that they can't scan or email. I have to wait for Australia post!

Happy to answer any other questions.

Hi to everyone else.
    It's a privacy law thing... They can't send medical records, through unsecure means... As they don't want you to sue them because someone else ended up with your results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quiet here!

We've made big steps forward in arranging donor cycle now. Got the word that all my medical tests were ok, paid the deposits to both donor agency and clinic, and I just heard that the donor is booked in for her tests on April 16.

How is everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is quiet! Sorry I haven't been posting (I have been reading along).

I am having my last frosty transferred in three hours; I just got the call from the FS to say that the thaw was successful. So I'll be PUPO again soon, and taking every precaution I can to help it stick this time.

My Hawaii 40th was lovely - I can thoroughly recommend it as a travel destination, and it was definitely easier to turn 40 on a beach with a little umbrella in my drink than it would have been in the office at work . My family are peeved that I didn't throw a party, though.

MrsErinR, one of my friends here is 26 weeks pregnant through donor eggs! It worked first time and she said the experience was great, end to end. I hope it goes just as well for you - sounds like it's happening quickly!