+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Ladies... Sounds like your plan Mrs Erin are moving in a positive direction.... Hope everything works out for you.

AFM- love my new FS and clinic... Day one camera. Few days early and had my first day bloods, before I even saw the new FS... Which I thought was brilliant. She said she is going to "hit me a bit hard" but with really good monitoring with the stimulation... So I had one shot of FSH on Thursday and it lasts for 7 days... I don't have to start jabbing myself until Monday with the ovulation blocker... Back down to Sydney on Tuesday for BT and scans on Wednesday and will then be there until ec and transfer... I am soooo excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a cold and a sore throat... Is there anything I shouldn't take while doing a stim ivf cycle... Nurses said to stay away from blood thinners... Anything else I should or shouldn't take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, in Sth Africa donation is anonymous. In Australia, you need to go on a register and the child may have your details at age 18, and vice versa. Also in Australia they like you to have completed your own family before being a donor so the age of donors is that bit older. I think this just all contributes to SA having a lot more donors, and younger too.

I'd like to use a known donor here but the option to just select one does not exist. You'd have to ask a friend or family or hope that one of the wonderful ladies out there who do donate, would choose to donate to you.

Sadly, you cannot bring embryos back to Australia, due to these different laws. If I need to do a FET or another cycle I/we will need to go back to SA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sigh, nothing is simple hey mrserinr? It makes sense why donation rates are greater in SA though. Thanks for answering!

Soques, great news about your new clinic! How fantastic that they're being very pro active for you. As for the cold, I'd play it safe if at all possible. Just personal opinion, but during my IVF, pregnancy and now with breastfeeding I don't take any risks at all. I used saline nasal spray to clear the nose when I was in a lot of sinus pain at one stage, and breathed in steam (without any eucalyptus oil or anything). I might be being overly cautious, but I feel better playing it safe. Its difficult sometimes though!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Soques  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Sigh, nothing is simple hey mrserinr? It makes sense why donation rates are greater in SA though. Thanks for answering!

Soques, great news about your new clinic! How fantastic that they're being very pro active for you. As for the cold, I'd play it safe if at all possible. Just personal opinion, but during my IVF, pregnancy and now with breastfeeding I don't take any risks at all. I used saline nasal spray to clear the nose when I was in a lot of sinus pain at one stage, and breathed in steam (without any eucalyptus oil or anything). I might be being overly cautious, but I feel better playing it safe. Its difficult sometimes though!

Yea... Took some pandol for the pain... Hot showers, gargles with salt water, lots of fluids, sleep, and talked to pharmacist who stated I could take a Claritin... But only if I have too... Hope it goes away quick... I have to fly back to Sydeny Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been absent for a few months, didn't realise a new thread had been started, wondered why it was so quiet.
    Just trying to catchup on what I've missed.
    I'm now 38+3, baby has an eviction notice for the 30/3, I'm getting induced.

How are ur twins Nat?
    I hope you have better luck with egg donations mrserin? When do u think you'll go over there?
    Hello everyone else hope your going ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, sorry we 'lost' you twiglets...glad you found us!
    Twins are going really well. 8 1/2 months now and I can't believe how great it's all been. We have struck gold with fantastic sleepers, eaters and very content, calm girls. They are both sitting as of this week, so that's made life easier for me. They have no interest in moving....which is probably lucky for me!

Good luck with bub, look fwd to hearing your good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies had some disappointing news today (maybe) not sure how to take it really. Came done to Sydney last night to start the monitoring process. Had blood work this morning and ultrasound. The scan tech, couldn't see any folicles at all today. So not sure if I should feel worried and up set or if it is just to early for me as I am appearing to be a slow poor responder. ---

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that the news is disappointing so far Soques., crossing fingers that things improve! For info: I had a problem with my account here so I've had to re-register with a slightly different user name but it's still the original Nat256.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What did the scan tech say Soques? Has your FS said anything about he lack of follicles?