+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You're the youngest, Soques! Ah, I remember the good old days of being 36...

MrsErinR you must be nearing 7dp5dt today? I'll be thinking of you over the next few days and hoping you get that second line....

NAT256, yes, I'm doing something cool for my birthday: going to Hawaii! I've wanted to go for a long time and can't think of a nicer way to spend my 40th than sipping a cocktail (or a mocktail, if I'm lucky).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks RoRo. I'm actually 7dp3dt. I did a test this morning but it was negative unfortunately. It could just be too early, or maybe it just hasn't stuck this time. I'll test again in a couple of days.

Hawaii sounds great! Lucky you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow RoRo - Hawaii??

Amazing! Maybe I'll get to go for my 40th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh, roro that sounds fantastic for 40! So many of my friends took great holidays in honour of their 40th birthday. Perhaps I'll start planning for my 50th...Hmmmm...

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh. Hawaii sounds fab! What a great idea for celebrating a 40th, I wonder if I can convince DP to go away for my 40th?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any news mrserinr or roro?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat, not good news here I'm afraid. BFN on the FRER and a big temperature dip today, so I'm just waiting for AF now.

I'm surprisingly ok. I started testing early and I think I just prepared myself a few days ago.

DH and I are now saying goodbye to my eggs and getting on the road to donor eggs. It's been a big week, trying to deal with donor agencies and find someone suitable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, sorry to hear that but I'm sure it is good that you have had a plan in mind for your next step.

Do you mind me asking about the process....if so, ignore!

Is it hard to access donor eggs? Is there a wait? I'm so pleased that you're heading into more hope of a great result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind you asking.

We have decided to go to South Africa for egg donation. Basically, we choose a donor from one of the many agencies and she undergoes the IVF stim, then eggs are fertilised with DH sperm and hopefully embryo is popped back into me 5 days later.

The donors in SA are altruistic. They are paid a small amount for their time. We liked that. We considered the USA, but it seemed you were buying eggs which didn't sit well with us. In Australia it is altruistic also, but donors are not so readily available.

We will try to have a nice holiday too. We're both in need of it, and there are no guarantees either so at the very least we will come home with a new holiday experience.

Happy to answer specific questions if you had them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just learned recently about people going to SA for egg donation. A local couple here did it (now expecting triplets.....wow!). Sounds like a good way to go. How interesting that money is still not a factor yet their donation rates are so much higher. I wonder how Australia could head in that direction?!

Hoping above hope that you have success with first transfer! But do you then get to bring embryos home to a clinic here if there are any frosties to either try again if necessary (God forbid!) or for siblings if you choose? Or do you need to return each cycle?

I'm only asking out of interest, no plans for more bubs for us. But I think its great that this option exists. I'm so excited for you!