+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Why do I feel so sad?

I've stopped bf. I wanted to stop at 12 months, my baby started showing signs of not being interested just before 12 months. It was her first birthday yesterday and the last time I fed her was yesterday morning.

She hasn't even looked for it.

I feel sad. I know it's normal but why? Why do I feel sad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is she your last baby? I felt a bit sad with my last, just knowing that was it.
    Happy first birthday to your little one - just enjoy having your body back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you feel sad because you are worried that lovely bonding session you had when feeding is gone.
    I'm sure you will find other ways to bond with her to replace the bf'ing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was the same when DS1 weaned. He was so disinterested at the end so I decided to not offer but not refuse - he never "asked" for it again! I was gutted.

It passes after a few days, I think it's just mourning that first step of independence away from you.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm still grieving it two months later. Much like you, I went to feed DS the day after his first bday and he just wasn't interested and never has been again.

I feel a lot of guilt because I tried so hard to night wean him in desperation for more sleep and I think I caused him to stop all together.

Glad I'm not alone. I try and think of it as all part of him growing up and becoming more independent but it makes me teary almost every day...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i was sad when i had to end bfing at 6mths. i was sad because ds was my last bub. that was it, no more bfing journey. i was also sad because he weaned himself so early. and i didntnt know what to do. it was a hard time of adjustment.
    6 mths on and we have an increadible bond. it must be my smell. he always comes to me for comfort cuddles. if he hurt himself and i am around - i am the one for comfort. dad does well, but me -mum -i am the one. i kinda like that he still nestes himself into my chest - as if he remembers - sometimes i stop and enjoy the moment an pop on some music. He will rest his had on my shouldber for ages while listening to music.

i guess you just need to find a new bonding experience. the love and memories of bfing are always there though. esp if your were lucky enough to take some photos

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it is a bit sad, I was a bit sad and I was really looking forward to it! I think it's because it means they stop truly physically relying on us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am jealous you got to bf for that long. I couldn't bf beyond 5/6 months and I really wanted to. Well done x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, this is my last baby and the longest I have been on my bf journey. My other kids I didn't make it this far. I am proud, but sad. I think I also expected it to be more difficult, but as I said, she's not missed it at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well done BRV. I'm dreading weaning in a way because this is my last baby and only successfully bf bub. I think I'll feel the same as you!!