+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have two children...have only spent $100ish all up. DS1: a car garage (on sale) and a fairy that flies up.
    DS2: a Spider-Man car & figurine, and a toy dragon.

Also bought them a DVD to share (Ice Age 3).

Then some small bits & pieces for their stockings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel really bad after reading some of these lol! DD (2yrs) is getting a train set from us. About $80 I think. That's it!

She'll get spoilt by her grandparents though as she's the only grandchild on both sides. Her Aunts & Uncles will get her stuff too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    About 300ish per kid..
    Dd1 is 10 and is getting a samsung tablet and cover and google play card
    A 1d bracelet
    Personalised cup
    A ring
    Some vouchers
    New school bag as she wants a surf brand one
    Stocking fillers

Dd2 is 4 and is getting a cheapy tablet and cover and Google play card
    A Personalised cup
    Peppa pig toys
    Peppa pig doona
    Chalkboard
    Lego
    Stocking fillers

Dd3 is 2 and is getting the same as dd2 but no lego but a dolly and pram instead

The two younger girls are also getting a sandpit to share. .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    About $550 between the two of them- DS 14 yo and DD 17 months- BUT, that is including DS's birthday presents as well as his Xmas pressies as his 14th birthday is only a couple of days before Xmas. That total also includes his birthday lunch at a restaurant for which I expect to pay approx $100 for.
    I can't remember every item as some of DD's are still on layby (I will be picking them up tomorrow) but DD will be getting a bike and other various toys (like the Fisher Price learning type toys). DS will be getting a new soccer ball, watch, clothes, teen boy stuff like Lynx body spray, a soccer magazine and maybe some new sneakers.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 5 and getting...

From us:
    Limited Edition Lalaloopsy (Ivory) -$78
    2 big lalaloopsy dolls - $70
    1 set of clothes - $10
    Sunglasses - $6
    Metallic gel pens - $2
    Shaped erasers - $5
    A mini science experiment kit - $10
    Hello Kitty lip gloss and perfume - $25
    4 books - $20
    2 colouring in books - $4
    Batman Lego DVD - $9

And from Santa...
    Limited edition lalaloopsy (Goldie) $78
    Littlest pet shop treehouse playset $59
    2 littlest pet shop pets $8
    1 lalaloopsy mini $10
    3 little Lego sets $30
    Wizard of Oz DVD $12
    Adventure Time DVD $9
    Lalaloopsy DVD $9
    Bubble bath $3

She is getting the most she has ever got by a long shot, but in all fairness DH and I cleaned out her room last month and literally got rid of every toy that was not Lalaloopsy, Littlest Pet Shop, My little pony or Lego. She had been given loads of stuff and just never touched it. Half of the stuff was new in boxes and the other stuff just opened and tossed in a toy box. So after cleaning up she didn't have much left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 is getting
    Jake toy $33
    Duplo $79
    Lego $20
    Tyre swing $9
    Lunch bag $7
    Personalised book $14
    Towel $8
    Stocking: Zurg $9, Planes toy $9, torch/glowstick $5, chocolate coins $2, superman undies/singlet $16

DS2:
    Water play table $90
    Personalised book $14
    New drink bottles $10
    Towel $7
    And I want to get a plate set or something else for him.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, and I thought I'd cut down this year!
    My boys don't expect much at Christmas time (my seven year old actually said to me the other week, that he heard me mentioning something about saving money to DH. So he suggested we not buy them Christmas presents- and just let Santa bring some this year. Bless his little cotton socks.. If only he knew! ❤️❤️)
    I still spent around $700 per child 😳😳
    After reading this thread, I'm definitely cutting down a lot more next year!
    My kids don't really ask for much/get much during the year.. So I guess I'm trying to justify it by spending more at Christmas. It still doesn't look like a lot- but as they get older, their presents get smaller and more expensive! I never spent this much on them as babies/toddlers.

Eta: it was late when I posted and totally forgot to add what they're getting!

Joint from Santa: new tv for the playroom

Ds1 Santa: Lego, smiggle stuff, arts and craft stuff, micro racers (or something like that!?), a new case for his iPad, Mousetrap board game, tech decks, trashies, adventure time Finn drink bottle, blue tooth speaker for his iPad. This will all be in/next to his stocking.

DS2 Santa: Lego, smiggle stuff, arts and crafts, micro racers, fart gun from despicable me, planes monopoly junior, tech decks, trashies, adventure time jake drink bottle, iron man build a bear outfit (they didn't have it when he built his bear).

Joint from us: Skylanders swap force

DS1 us: ps3 for playroom (they've been using my old ps2 which is on its last legs!), clothes, socks, undies, pj's, iTunes gift card.

DS2 us: 6pk of 12 inch marvel figures (he is obsessed!), clothes, socks, undies, pj's, iTunes gift card.

We also bought a new bike for DS2, but that's hidden in the garage for his birthday. I like their presents to be even, and I think I've spent enough! Lol.
    Last edited by M2OR; 20-12-2013 at 06:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did online toy sale lay-bys this year and went a little overboard and spent close to $1500 all up on the kids. Their presents include a robot r2d2 for DS1, a water play pirate table for DS2, a stereo for DD. DD & DS1 are both getting electric scooters and DS2 a 6v car plus 4 other little present for them all. Santa is doing a combined present this year and they are getting a trampoline and a heap of board games. I know it's sounds like a lot but I figured I would splurge on them this year seeing as in June they culled their toys and clothes and gave them to charity (their idea) then around October they culled again asking to sell their toys to buy a gift for the smith family Christmas tree (again their idea) so I didn't mind spending a bit extra on them this year
    Last edited by loodle; 20-12-2013 at 00:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got dd (almost 2)

Mini jumper
    7 barbies
    Barbie car
    Toy phone
    Outdoor play gym
    A puzzle
    Dress up shoes
    Dress up jewelery
    Wooden train table & train set

Dh insisted on a remote train so she also got a motorised train set

A scooter (second hand)

And a few other things but I cant remember.

I got dh.

Ps3 + lego lord of the rings game
    Shorts
    Movie voucher
    Book
    Samsung gal2 tab3
    Samsung galaxy tab folio and keyboard thing
    A coiple of other things aswell but ive forgotten now that theu are all wrapped.

All up I spent around $1200 (possibly slightly more) on both dh and dd.

I justify the amount that I spent on both of them because they dont get much through the year and dd had outgrown most of her toys and was getting bored and therefore acting naughty. We dont buy ourselves things, ever, so I like to splurge a little on Christmas. I just want both dd and dh to have a great time.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For DD we spent $15 (she is only 1.5) and for DS about $90 (that's a bit more than I wanted to spend).Normally $50 limit would be it. They don't need more toys and they'll get heaps from relatives.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app