+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default am I within my rights to request/demand a c-section

- Sorry for spelling errors as i am using my phone-

Tomorrow I have my specialest appointment to speak about options for removing my gallstones. Once again i am assuming they will refuse to book the surgery in. if this is the case as i am only 33+3 weeks pregnant today.

am i within my rights to request and even demand if needed a c-section when safer to 1) deliver bubs and 2) remove my gallstones?

I am in constant pain from them and i am concerned I wilk struggle with a newborn with either all the pain or being doped out frm all the panadine forte I am on...

any advise would be great. thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingnumber4 View Post
    - Sorry for spelling errors as i am using my phone-

Tomorrow I have my specialest appointment to speak about options for removing my gallstones. Once again i am assuming they will refuse to book the surgery in. if this is the case as i am only 33+3 weeks pregnant today.

am i within my rights to request and even demand if needed a c-section when safer to 1) deliver bubs and 2) remove my gallstones?

I am in constant pain from them and i am concerned I wilk struggle with a newborn with either all the pain or being doped out frm all the panadine forte I am on...

any advise would be great. thanks
    You most certainly can demand a c-section. Doesn't mean they'll do one.

You'll be pretty doped out from all the pain killers from the Caesar and have a massive scar and they might not take out the gall stones in the same surgery because the Caesar cut is in a different place to where they would cut for gallstones and you'll need separate surgeons to remove the gallstones.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 18-12-2013 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will need to be under a general anaesthetic for the gallstone removal, and of course you can have a csection under GA as well, but I doubt that they would do both surgeries at once - your recovery would be horrendous as the csection cut is very low (in your pubes) and gallbladder very high.
    Do you need a csection? If I were in your position and didn't need a csection, I would try for a vaginal birth and have the gallbladder removal a month or two later, once you have settled with bub a bit - recovery is not as bad a csection.
    Good luck, I know the pain you are in, it's awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sucks, but I highly doubt they would do it unfortunately.
    As PP said, its two seperate cuts and two different surgeries.

Just a thought though, have you only started getting attacks since being pregnant? You will probably find the attacks ease off once you give birth. At least they do with me.

I do feel your pain, ive had 3 attacks in the last week alone and im 30+5 weeks pregnant :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For a standard pregnancy, a c section is generally not safer than a natural birth. Are they wanting to remove your gallstones before baby arrives?
    A gallstone OP is usually done by keyhole surgery. A c sect on the other hand is much more invasive. My guess is they will do your gall stone OP after you have delivered the baby. A c section has a much longer recovery period than a natural birth but you can ask for one. I think it's unlikely they would do one for gall stones though. Good luck with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies.

I have been getting many attacks in the last two months, ending up in hospital at least once a week for much stronger pain relief but the next day its all back to normal once it eears off.
    i understand where all of you are coming from but they can't expect ppl to properly care for a neeborn in constant pain to the point they can't even walk. To me it just seems silly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Are you wanting a c-section so that they'll do the gall stones at the same time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingnumber4 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

I have been getting many attacks in the last two months, ending up in hospital at least once a week for much stronger pain relief but the next day its all back to normal once it eears off.
    i understand where all of you are coming from but they can't expect ppl to properly care for a neeborn in constant pain to the point they can't even walk. To me it just seems silly
    A section will contribute to your pain though. You may even find the attacks settle down once bub is out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They will not remove your gall bladder at the same time as having a c/s. There's to much involved and obviously requires a general surgeon as well as an Ob and their team. If they allow a c/s then you'll have to come back at a later date for your gall bladder surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    A section will contribute to your pain though. You may even find the attacks settle down once bub is out.
    Yes exactly this. Once you've had baby you may find the attacks stop or ease.