+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm always on it. Not as much during the day now as I work. But I check messages, emails, Facebook in the morning, then once home, then do dinner, then on the phone again while kids are in the bath, then once they are in bed I'm on my phone.. It use to drive my ex mad! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow it's looking pretty grim for bubhub on January 1 lol. Wonder if this happens a fair bit?

Good luck everyone who plans to do it (me too). If I see on on here I'll be giving you hell
    Ahh hang on I shouldn't be on it either

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (19-12-2013),JungleMum  (19-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    My name is JungleMum & I'm obsessed with my smart phone.

I'm hoping that if I admit how obsessed I am, you will all tell me off or give me reason to cut back & I can ditch the habit!

First thing I do in the morning is grab my phone & check all my favourite apps. I probably re-check half hourly, at a minimum, It kind of cant be out of sight. But the worst part is, I also check it while I'm sitting in traffic this has to stop. I am always playing on my phone whilst watching TV (multi-tasking!) and guilty of ignoring DH whilst I read on my phone. Oh and phone is rarely used as an actual phone!

I know I could just delete all the apps, but I am kind of obsessed with such easy access to information.

So, confession time, who else is obsessed and to what level? And has anyone successfully cut back.
    This is me to a T. It has to stop, I hate how addicted I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I am absolutely shocking :/ I think if I turn my phone off of a night the alarm will still go off so maybe I should try doing that.
    It all went downhill for me when I had dd. Too many hours spent breastfeeding and browsing bub hub and facebook lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have cut down somewhat and when my contract expires in feb im thinking of going back to a cheapo phone that doesnt have apps.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa6111 View Post
    I have cut down somewhat and when my contract expires in feb im thinking of going back to a cheapo phone that doesnt have apps.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I was thinking of this too but then thought how convenient it is to do internet banking, or quickly check something on yellow pages or maps.
    If you can do it, kudos to you but it would be a mighty hard thing to go back to the basics.

I'd love to live in a different era where life was simple and far less complicated. These days everyone is way too stressed and cranky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too much.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use mine pretty frequently but I don't have any uncontrollable urges to check it (and I don't worry about missing anything).
    I find it convenient and very handy (and I love having it in waiting rooms lol), and I'd miss it if it broke, but I'm not worried about my usage. Truth be told I'd be on my laptop more if I was on my phone less lol (doing pretty much the same things).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I use it a lot less than I used to.

I tend to check fb and bh a few times a day - briefly. I don't use it for extended periods.

I've had issues with bad posture caused by working in a desk job. I'm taking steps to correct it permanently as I suffer from back/neck problems which in turn cause awful headaches.

My DH would often blame my smart phone usage for my neck problems because he would catch me looking down at it all the time! I got sick of him picking on me for it so I'm careful not overdo it.

His nagging has actually helped me spend less time on my smart phone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hardly at all because the battery life sucks so much. I use it a lot in the car and at the gym/running for playing music but I rarely use it for anything other than a cursory glance at my emails or FB.

My iPad on the other hand..........