+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much do you use your smart phone?

My name is JungleMum & I'm obsessed with my smart phone.

I'm hoping that if I admit how obsessed I am, you will all tell me off or give me reason to cut back & I can ditch the habit!

First thing I do in the morning is grab my phone & check all my favourite apps. I probably re-check half hourly, at a minimum, It kind of cant be out of sight. But the worst part is, I also check it while I'm sitting in traffic this has to stop. I am always playing on my phone whilst watching TV (multi-tasking!) and guilty of ignoring DH whilst I read on my phone. Oh and phone is rarely used as an actual phone!

I know I could just delete all the apps, but I am kind of obsessed with such easy access to information.

So, confession time, who else is obsessed and to what level? And has anyone successfully cut back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I'm not on my phone I'm on my iPad. I have a routine when I get into bed of apps that I have to check ect before to go to sleep. My DP is worse though, the only time she isn't reading on her phone is when she is in the shower, driving, at work or sleeping. It drives me mental sometimes! I'm due to have our first bub next month, I'm actually going to put in my birth plan that she is banned from using her phone until after bub is born and that's only so she can notify family ect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting bad with it. I need to stop. It's starting to distract me from the kids. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to cut back and limit my time on my iPhone. I have deactivated my FB account and I'm actually not missing that. My goal was to get to Xmas but I might see how far I can go, then hopefully when I reactivate I won't be on it much at all. I do spend the extra time on BH though which kind of defeats the purpose so in the new year I might delete the BH app so my time is limited and I can spend time with my daughter. I also hope to read more books and maybe look into another online course.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    My name is JungleMum & I'm obsessed with my smart phone.

I'm hoping that if I admit how obsessed I am, you will all tell me off or give me reason to cut back & I can ditch the habit!

First thing I do in the morning is grab my phone & check all my favourite apps. I probably re-check half hourly, at a minimum, It kind of cant be out of sight. But the worst part is, I also check it while I'm sitting in traffic this has to stop. I am always playing on my phone whilst watching TV (multi-tasking!) and guilty of ignoring DH whilst I read on my phone. Oh and phone is rarely used as an actual phone!

I know I could just delete all the apps, but I am kind of obsessed with such easy access to information.

So, confession time, who else is obsessed and to what level? And has anyone successfully cut back.
    Yep I am EXACTLY the same. At work, I don't have much reception and I literally feel anxious about it. Anyone who would need to contact me in an emergency has my work number so the anxiety is purely down to not knowing what's going on.

I deleted FB for a while but found I was missing out on events, interesting things about my friends and I just felt disconnected from the people I don't see regularly.

I know it's a problem but I just can't see myself stopping. My niece is almost 4 and "needs" to play on the iPad to go to sleep and I don't want my daughter to be like that so maybe as she gets older I'll limit my use so she doesn't become obsessed like me... Well at least until she's older and can join supportive threads on a parenting forum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am bad with my phone. Use it for bh, fb, online shopping, and previously candy crush (after reading about it in bh !!!)
    Sometimes I will lie in bed looking at stuff and won't go to sleep until really late, then wake up tired and cranky and short tempered with the kids. I have to cut back too. Maybe we could agree to put a limit on how much and when we use our smartphones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have become addicted, so I am deleting my aps as I never get on the PC to check - it is starting to rule my day, the information overload is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep this is me.

Pretty sure DH regrets the day he brought me my first iPhone lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awfully addicted. I was very slow getting one (DH bought me an iPhone when preggars late last year so I had something to do waiting for appointments) and now I can't even go to the toilet without it. Seriously.
    It use to be useful before dd was born but it's ruining my life. I'm sitting here trying to talk to DH but I'm not really listening. I refresh things over and over and over. Shop and spend money I don't have. Read up on baby advice on how to be a good mum but ignore DD constantly. I tell myself I'll put it away for awhile but I just don't know how but I end up back on it again - just gotta goggle this, put x in my reminders etc etc. struggle to sleep at night.

New Years resolution- my phone is a phone. I want to be "there" for my husband and daughter, instead of half of me always busy on my phone.

Eta: I love reading. I haven't touched a book in months
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 18-12-2013 at 19:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe we should set up a support group and help each other. Problem is we'd need to be on our phones lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

JR03  (18-12-2013),JungleMum  (18-12-2013)