+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you everyone! I just needed to vent. She's just 3 months old and it was the most painful thing to experience
    I have put folded up blankets down on the floor in the 2 rooms I change her in so that if I am not right there with my hands on her, she's on the floor, no excuses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh my yes, what a horrible feeling it is, dd had a fall at 3mo too, in a matter of tired haze, I tipped her out of her carrier onto the floor unbuckled her to hold her, put her back in, then picked up the carrier whose handle wasn't clicked in properly and flop!! Devestating, but she too recovered well. I even struggled to write that!! And then since has fallen off couch and bed . The eating up guilt will lesson and pass with time xxxx she's 21mo now, and happy and fearless
    ...just for a side note, dds father was dropped out of his carrier by the nurse when him n his mum were leaving the hospital, days old.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer1 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    Ohh my yes, what a horrible feeling it is, dd had a fall at 3mo too, in a matter of tired haze, I tipped her out of her carrier onto the floor unbuckled her to hold her, put her back in, then picked up the carrier whose handle wasn't clicked in properly and flop!! Devestating, but she too recovered well. I even struggled to write that!! And then since has fallen off couch and bed . The eating up guilt will lesson and pass with time xxxx she's 21mo now, and happy and fearless
    ...just for a side note, dds father was dropped out of his carrier by the nurse when him n his mum were leaving the hospital, days old.
    I rolled off the change table when I was four months old and broke my arm. I dont think my mum has ever really forgiven herself yet! Me on the other hand...meh accidents happen...I went on to breaking my other arm when I was three jumping off the couch!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I rolled off the change table when I was four months old and broke my arm. I dont think my mum has ever really forgiven herself yet! Me on the other hand...meh accidents happen...I went on to breaking my other arm when I was three jumping off the couch!
    Oh your dear mum xxx least you evened things out! So no residual ticks or twitches?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD rolled off the bed at 5 weeks ( didn't think she could roll that well). DSS has rolled off 5 times! DS fell off the change table at 11m and got concussion. Don't worry you're doing way better than my record!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope all of these responses make you feel better! My daughter is lazy and was a late roller so I haven't experienced this myself but I just wanted to say that although her rolling off the bed wasn't ideal, the way you handled it was! That just shows that you're a great mum who cares about her baby :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JR03 and all PP. I definitely don't feel better about what happened, I still keep re-living the incident in my mind and it's awful, makes me feel nauseous really. But at least I know that lots of other mums who had baby's best wishes in mind have also made very human mistakes, and I am possibly not the most neglectful awful person ever.
    I hope this post has been a reminder to readers about child safety - we can't have enough reminders about this topic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You took your baby to the hospital: the worst mother in the world wouldn't have done that!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (18-12-2013),Piyamj  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a milestone all bubs must pass being dropped or falling off something

The only child of mine that I didn't drop or have roll off something was picked up by his 2yr old sister & dropped TWICE lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have nurse on call pretty much on speed dial now. Falls off beds, running into doors, black eyes. None of them make me a bad mum - just a clumsy forgetful one sometimes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (18-12-2013)