+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Worst mother ever

Officially the worst mother ever. My 3 month old fell off the bed today onto a hardwood floor. I was changing her, walked to the cupboard to put away the changing gear, heard a thump and my baby is face down on the floor.
    She screamed on and off for 10 mins then fed and had a short nap, I was a basket case crying and apologizing to her. Went to emergency and had an ultrasound of her head and thank God everything was fine. She has been fine since, a bit irritable and has a bruised knee.
    I am racked with guilt and just can't believe I let this happen. I have learnt a massive lesson about child safety, and I just am so sorry this is how I had to learn this lesson. Just had to vent after such an awful experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if your the worst mother in the world, i (and almost every other mother) is too. I was playing aeroplanes with DS when he was about 3 months old and i dropped in onto the hard wood floors. I cried and felt terrible for ages. Hes now 3yo and done so much worse on his own...cracked his 2 front teeth jumping on the bed, split his lips more times than i can count, fallen, bruised, scraped and cut.

Your bub will be fine and try not to beat yourself up. Trust me it wont be the last trip to emergency.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not the worst mother ever. My DD fell off the bed, and lots of others have had the same experience. Don't be too hard on yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are not in the slightest! I don't think you can officially enter motherhood without a fall off of something! My DS has fallen off the bed twice and changing table once, I felt sooooo awful. It he was over it within 10 minutes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Know exactly how you feel! My DD fell of the bed twice. I felt like the worlds worst mother till I told my sis and she said her kids did too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happened with my first child as well. He rolled off the bed and onto the floor. I cried and cried (probably more than him) and rushed him to hospital. The nurse told me It happened at least a couple of times a week.

You our sound like a perfectly normal mother to me xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not going to admit to how many "accidents" dd2 had then

Your not a bad mother you didn't do it on purpose you didn't want it too happen it was just an accident plenty of mothers have had the same thing happen it's a learning experience
    Don't be so hard on yourself *hugs*

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not in the slightest! This happens to all of us! Ds1 was 6 months old and he rolled off the bed between the frame and the wall. He was jammed in the most awkward position and he was screaming his little heart out. His mouth was full of blood and he had a big scratch down his face I will never forget it and I riddled myself with guilt over it for a long time but at the end of the day accidents will happen and we can't be so hard on ourselves about it. Im glad your dd is ok, dont beat yourself up about it xoxo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've all been there honey! Don't best yourself up over it, accidents happen! X

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs. Far from worst mum. So many people have had babies that have fallen off the beds. My DS is 6 and fell off the bed once as a baby and he was fine.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (17-12-2013)