+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do I approach this?? :(

So this afternoon as I drove home from picking up DS from daycare, I heard something go under my car, sounded like scraping and then a crunch (like plastic) and I looked in my rear view mirror and slowed down and saw some twigs but didn't notice anything else, I thought I'd just driven over some rubbish or pieces of wood (branches maybe)

Anyway I got home, made DS food and DH came home, saw the front of my car and asked if I had had an accident today!!!

Needless to say I was shocked and said no why, and he said come look at your car.

Anyway so the bonnet is buckled and bent, the front mud guard has been ripped off (I assume now its what I drove over while coming home) and the number plate is also dented.

I parked behind one of the dads from daycares ute, I think he's reversed into me when he's tried to come out of a parallel parking spot

He's not said anything obviously, and I'm sure it was him as I only went to a friend today, spent most of the day there, she lives in a very quite area and there were no other cars parked anywhere near me all day.

How do I approach it with this dad? He either hasn't realized he's backed into me as it was in a ute, or he has realized and just driven off

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What colour is his car? Is there any paint on your car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    His car is white, I haven't had a good look at my car yet as I was so upset and feeding DS when DH showed me. DH has gone back to where it happened now to take photos etc and see if he can find any bits of my car and mud guard ill check when he gets back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew! DH just got home and he has spoken to the dad and he's admitted fault! Over the phone mind you, anyway he's said to get a quote and he will cover the cost (or use his insurance) lets hope he sticks to his word!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deleted due to recent post