+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    I have constant issues with my husband if he doesn't get his own way. For example, today, he said he wanted to go to the gym. He works from home so usually, when dd needs her nap, hubby will watch ds while I put dd to sleep. If he's not there, it gets really stressful as if dd is tired she'll hit and cry and ds won't stay by himself while I put her to bed, he'll come in and make noise and stop her sleeping. So, I asked dh to wait until dd had gone to sleep until he left for the gym. He cracked it, said I was being difficult, and then refused to speak to me nicely or do anything but lie in the couch in a sulk. I suggested he could try encouraging dd to go to bed with him and his response was to storm over to her with an angry voice telling her " that's it, you're going to bed". This scared her and caused her to start wailing. I got him to back off. I also suggested he could go to the gym but promise to keep his phoneme and come home if there was ww3 going on back here. But he just got mad about that too. I asked him if he had any suggestion but he refused and was nasty to me.

Am i in the wrong here it does my husband need some serious help with negotiation and compromise? It happens all the time!!
    I think we r married to the same man lol

Mine only now has started to get a bit better but it was off his own bat, not because he bothered to listen to me.

Good luck x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

javic  (17-12-2013)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wrote a really satisfying rant and then saw your post about how he's normally good with the kids. Which is a shame because it was a REALLY good rant. Lol.

I'd suggest counselling. The two of you need to be able to communicate effectively and perhaps having the counsellor there as "referee" will allow you both to express how you both feel.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (20-12-2013),Luna Lovegood  (18-12-2013),Mokeybear  (18-12-2013)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi javic, what sort of thing do you think will be a solution? He has to simply grow up. Do you think he may have some sort of gluten intolerance? Im sorry , Im not understanding what sort of solution you might think is possible. He has to just make some changes to his behaviour. Him falling asleep on the couch is not indicating he was feeling tired and cranky when he refused to help you with the children, it just shows he can only think of his needs and wants. You have just described his behaviour as a 'toddler', I agree with that. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marie, my idea of a solution would be something to teach him how to change - a book for him to read or a course to take or a counsellor. But first he needs to acknowledge he has a problem. I'm not sure how to get him to recognize it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I think we r married to the same man lol

Mine only now has started to get a bit better but it was off his own bat, not because he bothered to listen to me.

Good luck x
    so glad your husband is getting better Misho! Gives me hope too!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi javic, I had to take a break to think about your reply. I know there are books in the library that are meant for children, that teach about manners, and empathy, and helping others. Are you thinking that sort of thing will work? Any adult should be able to see that his behaviour is selfish, and just plain wrong. good luck with him. Marie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

javic  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has definite underlying issues with entitlement or control or something. Possibly a counsellor would be good if he is willing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like to me that he doesn't like being told what to do by you even though it is a reasonable request. Some men can have a real problem with women giving orders. They think that the household should be run by their rules.
    Last edited by hopefulmum2; 18-12-2013 at 15:53.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmum2 For This Useful Post:

javic  (20-12-2013)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmum2 View Post
    It sounds like to me that he doesn't like being told what to do by you even though it is a reasonable request. Some men can have a real problem with women giving orders. They think that the household should be run by their rules.
    WE DO NOT! And I have a real problem with you telling me that I do!

Oh, wait...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excuse me read it properly - I said some men!!!!!