+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD just turned four months too. Until she turned nine weeks old she was a pretty text book baby sleeping three to four hour stretches overnight. But then we returned from the UK and it completely wacked her out. At first it was jet lag but i believe my constant feeding her back to sleep in the night even when she wasn't hungry rather than patting etc caused this situation we have now. Which is she wakes hourly every sleep cycle and wants boobs or she cries! She also doesn't like baby wearing just me holding her. Its so tough.

I have found patting the mattress and rubbing her tummy works getting her to sleep usually now. And sure it would if i stuck to it overnight but don't want to wake the rest of family up, and i am often so tired i just want to get back to sleep asap. Waiting for my referral to sleep school to come through so i have space there to do this without worrying about anything else, so i can dedicate my time to it. But won't let her cry, will do it more gently.

Big hugs, i know how difficult it is! I kick myself everyday for taking her overseas so young and creating this problem!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-12-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Lol at baby routine! I go 5 mins on baby gym, 5 minutes in bouncer, 5 mins on floor with toys... She hates it all lol.

In fact... I think my dd just may be grumpy cat in disguise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Lol at baby routine! I go 5 mins on baby gym, 5 minutes in bouncer, 5 mins on floor with toys... She hates it all lol.

Ha! My DD is nicknamed 'Damo' by her brothers after Damien in that old horror movie ' The Omen'

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-12-2013),Zombie_eyes  (17-12-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I don't have any advice sorry. Sounds like DD when she was little, super clingy, boobed all day and night, didn't do play gyms, swings or anything like that. She had to be in my arms and I had to be walking around with her the entire day - well other than the 20 hours she spent boobing and the half an hour split between 2 power naps. It got so bad it really affected my mental health, I had no one to help me (although DF was a gem unfortunately he refused to lactate ). DF would come in during the night and take her and walk around the kitchen for an hour just so I could have my body back for a short while. She spent the whole time with her eyes fixed on the bedroom door whilst she was in his arms.

I would then come in here and read about someone complaining that their baby only slept for 2 hours during the day (or something like that) and want to scream. I KNOW it's all relative but it really affected me. That's the main reason I resigned as a mod because I couldn't cope.

I would tend to go with what baby wants baby gets at this stage. Can DH sleep elsewhere if you need to bed-share?

Hugs.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-12-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-12-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

Omg lol if you look through my
    Posts from months and months ago this is exactly what i said about my dd. Grumpy cat extroadinaire! She wasnt overly fond of being in the carrier but desperate times called for desperate measures! Like when we had no clean plates left!

I waited a lifetime for her and lol shes such hard work!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-12-2013)