+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Recommend me a book!

My cousin is UTD with bub #1. She is a bit of a control freak and I know that having a routine and the assurance of some good professional advice will be important to her.

I know that another friend of hers has used and recommended Save Our Sleep. I don't think that my cousin is 100% sold on it however.

Can anyone recommend me a different book with a different (possibly more "gentle") routine? I have never really used a routine as such with my kids.

I have her as my Secret Santa recipient for Christmas Day (rigged it!). I would love to be able to by her a book that offered a different perspective to SOS, and maybe gave her more than one option for a style of routine to try.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only book I've read that touches on that subject was given to me by my mum. I think it's called "French kids don't throw food" or something similar. It describes 'the pause' - waiting a certain amount of time when a baby cries to see if it settles or if it is a real need (that's my summary of it)... something I never did with my bub until he was much older... made me wonder if I could have done things differently.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (17-12-2013)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    If you want a completely different perspective, you could try Three in a Bed by Deborah Jackson which is about co-sleeping: obviously its more useful or interesting if co-sleeping is something you already might be interested in but it does go into a lot of the history of the modern western view of babies sleep.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love Baby Love with robin barker. I have many many baby and sleep books -I could open a library lol!!! save our sleep, , baby whisperer, happiest baby on the block, pinky McKay etc etc.

but i find baby love so reassuring and gives me confidence that mother knows best. It covers everything and provides you with information on all options and is non judgemental.

It's not just sleep or routines but eating, safety, play, illness etc. It also has some great food ideas for later. I keep it next to the lounge as i still refer to it a lot.

I will be buying the mighty toddler by her next.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (17-12-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinky McKay's sleeping like a baby is a great start. It's a very comforting and reassuring book.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google 'sleep lady shuffle' - the only thing that worked for us, very gentle too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (17-12-2013)