+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    I've taken a variety of ssri's to deal with anxiety & OCD. It works for awhile then stops working.
    This is what I've found too. I've also tried pristiq but it had nothing but negative effects.
    Tried some St. John's Wort for a while as well. I was feeling really good while on it. I'm not sure if it was just coincidence though. Think I might give it another shot as I've been on quite a downer of late, and of course the anxiety has been out of control.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have taken both cipramil and lexapro and they have really saved me. I have debilitating anxiety and panic attacks, as well as OCD. I can function nearly like a person without these issues when on medication.

I also have Xanax for in the middle of a panic attack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've previously used Lexapro and Zoloft for anxiety.

They worked really well (the Lexapro stopped being so effective after a year or two, so I moved to Zoloft then)... I went from regular panic attacks, basically crying and acting like an insane person, and being super-paranoid about EVERYTHING... to just being normal.

Eventually, I didn't need them any more, but they were amazing while I was on them.

I never felt "wrong," while on them. I've heard some people say they feel numb or whatever. I never felt like that. I still felt emotions... they were just normal emotions, not ridiculous irrational crazy ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies.. I don't think I have serve anxiety ... But I do think I have have mild panic attacks ... It's usually to do with people.. That I think hate me... The whole anxiety thing only started bothering me when a person who I thought I annoyed greatly said I was one of their best mates...

I also would like to have another child in the future.. Is this something you need to get off when pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby is on a double dose of lexpro and its changed our lives...it stabilises his moods a lot. He also has OCD and it helps a lot with that. he has gone from not flying, driving in sydney traffic and lots of other things to not having a problem at all. He flew for the first time two years ago and hes 35. Hes done heaps of trips since then (with the help of valium) but it doesnt even worry him now.

Mid last year he forgot to take his tablets for about a week and totally spiralled out of control. He was self medicating with alcohol and self harmed. It was horrible. I can tell if hes even forgotten to take one day (which he rarely does now and has been booze free for over a year)

Cant help with the pregnancy thing sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had anxiety since a child and took paxil for 8 years then changed to lexapro for 3 years. There is such a difference in me on them and off them. I stopped Lexapro with my last pregnancy and found it really hard. With my next, I;m really debating what to do as I don't cope without them. Has anyone else taken their meds while pregnant?>

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took lexapro my entire pregnancy, it was a godsend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Jo1981  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started taking kava tablets for my anxiety a few years ago. It helped so so so much!

Unfortunately about 18 months ago my anxiety came back with a vengeance and I was prescribed Xanax. I hardly ever need to take it anymore as I found cognitive behavioural therapy and yoga has really helped me. The biggest thing CBT taught me is that you're not going to die from having a anxiety attack. I've been taught to acknowledge the attack, and instead of fighting it, just ride the wave. The attack will pass.

Give kava a go. If your anxiety isn't severe it may help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did take lexapro a few years ago but i didnt really feel like it helped much. Also I had some nasty withdrawals when coming off it (weaned myself off properly as per doctor's advice).

Not taking anything at the moment while im pregnant & I have good days & bad days but I might go back on meds after the baby is born. Im having more frequent panic attacks which I cant control & a phobia that I have tried for 10 years to overcome with no luck & its got to the point im ready to just try meds & see if they will help me get over it.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on lexapro and cipramil through my pregnancies, with zero issues and with the full blessing of my obs and psych.