+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Am I in the wrong being upset

DH has been asking and asking what I want for Christmas I finally came up with a trike bike with a baby seat so I can take DS2 for bike rides, DH agreed and I found 1 I really liked but then we found a cheaper version on eBay. Everytime I said I would prefer the more expensive one due to many reasons such as warranty, baby seat fitted for us etc DH steered me towards the cheaper one until I gave in. Then it was up to me to order my own present which peeved me a little but I got over it, then the other night we were talking about all the stuff that needs to be out together Christmas Eve and I mentioned my trike and I was told that didn't matter which upset me being told my Christmas didn't really matter. Then today I found out the baby seat I ordered won't fit, I asked DH if it was the right one to order and he said he didn't know without even looking at any information, then I found out my trike isn't likely to even be here and I said to DH that it wouldn't have happened if we ordered the other one because they have same day dispatch, well that is where he went off telling me he told me it was my choice (he never did) and that he will fix it (he hasn't done anything). Am I in the wrong for being upset over having to buy and order my own present without any help so now might not have it until way after New Year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be a bit upset too. I had to go pick out and purchase my own present on Saturday(he came with me) but I know he has something else hidden and he had the idea for a present from dd, which I helped pick also but the fact he even thought of it I loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Perfectly normal to be upset at that situation i would be too.

My DH is a terrible gift giver and ive been left on many occasions in tears at either not getting anything or getting crappy servo flowers that he dashed out to get once realising.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

LadyInWeighting  (16-12-2013)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi loodle, I would be upset too. I have never expected my dh to buy me anything, I have always bought what I want when I want, and he has no idea. but if he had asked what I want and then failed to get it sorted in time I would be very upset. Actually, years ago, I told him I wanted a new electric frypan for Christmas. He then casually told his mother, that was what I wanted, and she went and bought it. She gave it to me, as her present to me, and my dh gave me nothing. That was when I started buying for me. He probably doesn't even remember that, it was so many years ago. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    id be upset to,, in 23 years of being married ( exh and current hub) I have learnt to buy my own presents to avoid disappointment.. some men just don't get the whole concept lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

ozeymumof5  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't be that upset. I think when the receiver has such an involved role in soliciting the present it's more like a self gift anyway.

Perhaps next year give your hubby a list containing general guides, then let him take care of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with VicPark, I wouldn't be upset.
    I suppose to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less from my DH. Last week was my birthday and the evening before the actual day my DH asked me what I wanted.
    I said I couldn't really think of anything I wanted and he didn't bother to think of anything himself.
    Next year just buy exactly what makes you happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be upset either. I agree it's a "self present"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I would be upset if he made no effort but to be honest I would be grateful I get anything. Christmas is more about the kids. DP and I buy each other something but its small in comparison to the kids and mostly so they don't feel like we are being left out of all the fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be a bit upset.. DF is another one who isn't great at the whole gift giving thing so I've started buying my own presents (which kinda sucks but TBH at least they're things that I want!) and wrapping them up.