+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default in busy shops, 3yr old being a PITA!

i dont have anyone to help me out, ive done my xmas shopping online. I had to head to the post office to express post something this morning. Had to take the kids with me. It was busy and dd was misbehaving.

My question is what do you do when your 3 yr old doesnt listen? people everywhere behaving like wild animals, walking up your behind, no manners, no respect around.

DD was walking beside me, but singing...loudly, i told her a million times "beautiful singing dd, but please use your quiet voice, its a bit loud".
    A woman walked past and said to dd "Shut up, kid."

DD wanted to go on a ride, i told her i have no money today and said lets go....maybe another day.
    She wouldnt move, so i did what i usually do and started walking off telling her "see ya, im going...." (she usually follows) ad she did follow me, she was about 10 steps behind me ad i kept looking back and waiting for her to catch up.
    A woman yelled out across the centre "OI YOU, OI...OI.....IS THAT YOUR KID?......i said yes (bloody scared outa my wits!)
    "TRY WALKIG WITH YOUR KID, THATS HOW THEY GO MISSING YA KNOW, NO COMMON SENSE DO YA?"
    I said she's fine, i know where she is.
    then she really arked up "NO YA DONT, SHE WAS BEHIND YA, YA MORON!".

i was so embarrassed. ive lost all confidence in taking my kids out during this awful xmas period. I got in the car and burst into tears.
    bad outing, yes it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It may be a bit easier if annoying onlookers minded their own business...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (16-12-2013),callmedragon22  (16-12-2013),duckduckgoose  (16-12-2013),smallpotatoes  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    people are so awful at this time of year. i just forgot how bad it really was because i really havent had to venture out to the shops at all!

Why is it a time to loose all forms of basic respect for others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Time to move away from bogans perhaps? Your little girl is perfectly normal. Give her a cuddle and don't let others affect you. Sorry that you had such a bad day.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spoon For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (17-12-2013),smallpotatoes  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly it doesn't sound like your dd is a problem. She's a normal 3yo. The random people with their 'helpful' people in your area need to keep quiet!

My children are usually reasonably well behaved in the shops, but honestly at the moment I'm avoiding them as they are busy, full of distractions for children and full of people that don't want children in their way.

We all have bad outings, but I hope you don't have one that bad again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you just copped a few total grumps in a row.

Your DD's behaviour sounds perfectly normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's to do with this time of year. People are angry, tired, in a rush, but it's still NO excuse to speak to others in such a tone. Personally, that bogan moron should of minded their own business, as it didn't warrant a conflict like that. Some people need to keep their mouth shut. My 3 year old is always advised to be good if he has to come with me into town. 9/10 he is good, but for the first time the other week tested me with a stuffed Santa, refused to put it back and said he wanted it. I did the walk away approach, which worked, but the first few minutes really tested me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tis the season of grumpy bums!!! Can you put the kids in a trolley? I put miss 2 in the trolley and I give her a snack or my phone to keep her busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first person telling your DD to be quiet was just plain rude.

The second while also rude, does have a point. I don't think it was wrong of them to express concerns, BUT they could have said something a bit nicer. They don't know your DD is misbehaving, just that you're not with her. I quite often see little kids too far away from their parents (IMO) but I'd never say something like that. For one, I don't know if the kids is being naughty and it's the old walk away, or if the parents are just completely distracted and unaware their child isn't next to them. I just watch if I can to make sure nothing happens to the little one.

There's been posts on here about people not caring enough about others, so I think it's good that they were looking out for your child, but perhaps they need a lesson in how to go about it!!!

Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I'm avoiding the shops too when I can. Especially as DD is being a Feral Beryl right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww you poor thing. Take it with a grain of salt. We all have horror days out at the shops with our kids occasionally. Xx