+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would LOVE to start going for runs again, but aside from weekends it's just impossible, and I haven't been out on the weekend in months either, as it's winter here which has made me all indoorsy and lazy. I used to be quite fit and motivated in the few years pre-pregnancy, but these days carrying my DS up and down the stairs is pretty much the most intense exercise I do. Something needs to change but I don't know how. I can't get out during the week as DH is gone from 6:30am - 6:30pm most days. I can't even join the gym to use the tready, as none of the gyms in our town have a crèche..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    For the sah mums, what kind of exercise do you do and when do you fit it in to your day?

My plan this year is to re join my local gym. I can walk the oldest to school, and keep walking to the gym, put the younger 2 in the crèche and have a workout.

What do you do?
    I go to the gym a few mornings a week before DH goes to work - I get there at 5.30 and leave at 6.30. I also do something on a Saturday morning whether that's a long walk or a run with the dog. I plan on using the gym creche this year because DS1 starts 4 yo kinder and I need to entertain DS2 so I'll be killing 2 birds with one stone by putting him in the creche while I work out.

I also walk the dog between 3-5kms each night while DH does the bath/bed routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genuine question.

I'd love to hear how other sahms find the time/energy/inclination to exercise with a fifo partner (4weeks on off) can't afford the gym and taking the kids everytime I want to walk/run does my head in - and I have no family support either.... ?! I know it sounds like excuses - i just want to RUN! Lol

Oh and getting up b4 the kids is impossible - dd2 gets up at 430-5 and by bed time I am knackered.... feels like a vicious cycle. HELP

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, the best option is the gym because the kids love the crèche and my gym has a cafe, so after my workout I can have a coffee and read the paper while the kids are still having fun in the crèche.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to be able to afford the $10-15 per class a few times a week, but alas, not possible.... Boohoo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not a sahm but when I was keen, I used to just run around the house from room to room and did jogging on a spot, push ups, sit up, star jumps etc. The kids just ran around following me around and had a lot of fun. Depend how much room you have.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    I'd love to be able to afford the $10-15 per class a few times a week, but alas, not possible.... Boohoo!!!
    My membership is $60 per month so yes it is an added cost.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I am not a sahm but when I was keen, I used to just run around the house from room to room and did jogging on a spot, push ups, sit up, star jumps etc. The kids just ran around following me around and had a lot of fun. Depend how much room you have.
    Eta: I would also wear a pedometer. Normal daily activity could get to about 4000 steps. I would then do those in home exercises for about 30min to get to 10000 steps.