+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any of us (SAHMs) left?

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if there are any SAHMs left out there? I'm a mum of two little girls, eldest just started school this year and love being a SAHM! However I just went to another school function where I'm the only one and all the mums chat about their jobs! It is quite annoying being asked again when will I go back to work what do I do all day etc! I love staying at home looking after my girls and don't intend to work until they're much older! I feel like I'm the only one in my area! Is anyone else feeling the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    im a SAHM of 2 with one left at home.. my DD is 16... I have worked on and off over the years but have had ill health so am not working at the moment.. I am going to TAFE in 2014 tho so that will keep me busy.. I feel guilty that im not working but what can you do when you apply for jobs and get told your too old at 41, they want younger as its cheaper !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hi I have been a stay at home mum for 20 years and I intend to be forever. My youngest is 18 mths.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been a SAHM for 5 years now. Some days I wish I worked but then I think about it and I really do enjoy being able to do school drop off and pick up plus attend all the events that go on between school & preschool. I say if you don't have to work then enjoy being a SAHM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a very proud sahm but I get you on being the only one. I have been one for over 2 years and intend to be for quite some time as we are still building our family. I love it and I am grateful I can do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I really love it too! I just didn't realise how few of us there were in our school community. It seems like looking after ones children is really secondary. I really noticed it too on our recent family holiday. I think we were the only family who didn't use a nanny 24/7!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I'm a SAHM here and have been for 5 years now. I will probably head back to work when my youngest is in grade one so 2017 I reckon but only part time 2 or 3 days a week. I love being a SAHM and being able to help at kindy (this year) and prep (next year) and being able to be with them for all their milestones. I couldn't imagine having to go back to work I know lots of people have to just to survive but I'm glad I haven't had to yet although sometimes I think the extra money would be lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a SAHM. All kids are at school so I. Doing volunteer work to gain confidence and experience. You need experience no matter what job you apply for. I know it seems like you're the only one who isn't working. Our situation isn't dire, but yeah I would like to contribute to the family household. You tend to feel guilty. I suppose it's the society we live in today. It seems like your identity is tied to your career.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmum2 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me! DD is 1. I get asked too and told of places hiring in my field but we're all good financially right now that I can stay at home with DD. I love it. She keeps me busy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a stay at home mum, and probably will be for a very long time (I'm currently pregnant with our 2nd ). I want to help at school when the girls get there, and we'd love to have a few more kids yet

I don't have a career to return to, and I've always wanted to be a stay at home mum so I'm pretty happy