+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got ours done at harvey norman. Mr 2y9m was shy when we walked up this year, but let the photographer sit him on santas knee and was all smiles. Santa got a huge wave as we left.

We then seen another santa and ds wouldnt let me pass until he had given him a cuddle!

I'm not sure if it helped but I talked it up for about a week, and showed him last years pic saying we were seeing santa that day and he could have a photo on his knee etc.

He hadn't actually ever cried? He was a little unsure at 9mnths but didn't cry. 1y9m he was trying to slide off santas knee, and did, but they got the pic just as he started. No tears.

If he was genuinely distraught I wouldnt do it. I certainly wouldnt yell at him for fearing a stranger either I can't handle him cry so if just cut out losses!

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I have often stood there and felt the same. And the one year I was employed to TAKE The photos was one of the most traumatizing jobs I've had. One of the many reasons I'm so glad we don't do Santa in this family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Santa photos from all 8 years I have had children so far. We have happy ones, crying ones, one with mum, one with dad and one with a grandfather. None of my 4 children are 'traumatised' as this year they all happily sat and took a reasonable photo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would never force ds (2.5) to have a photo if he was really upset. This year he was shy but not upset. He even gave Santa a spontaneous cuddle as we said good bye. He is very proud of his photo.

That being said, I think a lot of kids think they want to see Santa until the very last minut, and then they get scared. If you then get a crying photo is it really that big of a deal? A few seconds of crying and then they are back in mummy (or daddy's) arms. No children were harmed during the making of this photo

We have photos of my sister and I crying with Santa. We think they are hilarious! We lived

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ran into Santa at a kids playland ds 3 was very happy to get a photo. Dd 8months we tried to do a drop and take photo but she was too quick. The photo was free and I haven't bothered to get a shop one as I kinda like this one.. (Bad mummy)
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't wait for my first crying Santa photo. Now that's a milestone!

I don't see anything wrong with it. I figure we get our kids to do things they don't want all the time (You want me to eat broccoli? The horror!) and they're not always going to be happy every single time. Might as well get a photo memory out of it!

This year DS just looked at Santa with a WTF look on his face and then tried to pull his beard off. He was a bit anxious at the beginning so we got a family photo too and he chilled right out. Good times