+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I usually get one pic emailed to me for around $20

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Kind of OT but I don't think they're THAT expensive. Don't forget you're not just paying for the photo and the photographers wage but also Santa's. we got a set with I think one large, 6 small and a CD for $40. That's all the GP's Xmas card sorted, each year we put the photo on a black card and get the kids to decorate/hand prints and give them to all the grandparents.
    I agree - we paid $38 for the USB with 6 different photos - DS loves Santa so I've got him smiling, doing high 5,s, singing, laughing ect and I just print them all out at work , we are up to about 12 people who get one with all the aunts/uncles/grandparents ect

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD 5 months old was perfect! Didnt cry and was fascinated with Santas beard..keep.trying to pull it off Lol. Everyone said it was amazing cos most young ones cry and scream.
    I guess we were lucky.
    I would never put my child through that if they didnt want to. If DD cried instead I would have taken her out straight away and cuddled her. Sad when parents dont respect their childrens needs in that sort of situation.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I think they are ridiculously expensive! Especially when nearly everyone carries a camera on their phone. I think the shops should have a -spend so much and get a Santa pic free.

We go to someone's local Xmas lights display and they have Santa in a sleigh and you take your own pics for a gold coin donation that goes to the Smith Family.
    The cameras they use a very high quality though..much better than you could ever get on a camera phone. Ours was definitely better quality
    And if kids love it...and its only once a year, its not really expensive. People spend more than that on crappy presents their kids will never use. Id rather a picture that will last forever

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yearly tradition to have a screaming photo here!

We try, it doesn't work, DH stands in the photo with DD, we very quickly take a photo and give up. Usually just the free santas (or at the my work party) as it's not worth our while paying for a crap photo.

I actually think our series of crap, screaming/ unimpressed/ running away from santa photos are quite hilarious.

Mind you we have never made her sit on santa's lap and have never stuck around forcing her to take a photo. The whole - lets try, scream, take photo, apologise to santa - takes a whole 10 seconds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have got one every year for my DS. I've been lucky enough that he has behaved really good for most.

This year took a little bit of convincing to go near him, he didn't cry or anything was just a bit apprehensive. There was no one waiting though so we just took an extra minute chatting to him and Santa, he got a present and then was happy to sit with him.

If he had ever cried a lot I would of just stopped, I'm not one for forcing it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh, my son cried one year.. he survived. I'll be sure to pay for the therapy in years to come if it turns out he was that traumatised from sitting on a stranger's knee for 30 seconds.

As for the expense, its' once a year and something to look back on/embarrass the teen with.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (21-12-2013),Purple Lily  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traumatised? What, for 1 minute?

I think it's safe to assume Santa isn't the first lap the child has sat on & started crying?

I think the crying photos are humorous and harmless. They tell a story & it's likely the next year the kid/s will be fine with Santa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get a bit when I see that kind of thing, but then I remind myself that most of the time it's only for a quick photo then all done, no trauma done. And I also have a crying Santa photo of my DD, she ended up sitting on my lap! So I can't judge. The ones I do judge though are the ones that stand there and yell at their kids for crying and force them to go and sit on Santa's knee and continue on with this for ages, I've even seen some that get the sh!ts at the photographer! Not nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son screamed for the first 3 years! I have picture perfect dd sitting next to her screaming brother lol. Hes fine with it now hes 5 and he even laughs at the screaming photos. No harm done he cant wait to see santa now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (21-12-2013),sweetpeamummy  (21-12-2013)