+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont force my children on santa's lap if they are scared they can sit on my lap & still be in the pic.

I think its a nice tradition

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my grandsons have been so not interested in santa photos, that I think I only have one which was taken last year. I managed to get one photo with santa most of the years with my children, but one year my youngest was totally not having the deal. I ended up sitting in the photo with youngest on my lap as far away from santa as we could possibly be. I have seen better pics when the children are seated on the big chair and santa is standing behind the chair. Kids are happy and the photo looks great. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have Santa pics of my kids every yr, if my little ones don't want to sit on Santa's lap, I will get in the pic too and hold my child while I stand next to Santa. Now I have teens I get them to hold the younger ones. But this yr miss 2 refuses to go near him at all! The other kids said hello and miss 2 ran to her big sister and demanded she be taken back to the car lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS loves Santa so has never been a problem but my 2 yo niece hates him ( or any stranger for that matter !) so the last 2 years we tried working her up to it but she still crys so we get all the other kids in place ( we get a group Santa photos for the grandparents/ great grandparents) and literally tell the photographer to click as soon as we put her on the sleigh ( we also go where Santa has a sleigh so she just stands or sits next to him not on him !) it takes maybe 30 seconds then her mum gets her and she's fine - I agree forcing them to sit on his knee for ages is sad but it does make for hilarious photos - my older niece was the same and she even laughs at how funny her Santa photos are whereas DS are boring cause he's always smiling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I don't think there's anything wrong with snapping a quick pic of your crying kid if they decide they don't want to be there. It's when the parent keeps pushing and trying when the child is clearly terrified that I have an issue with, personally!

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kind of OT but I don't think they're THAT expensive. Don't forget you're not just paying for the photo and the photographers wage but also Santa's. we got a set with I think one large, 6 small and a CD for $40. That's all the GP's Xmas card sorted, each year we put the photo on a black card and get the kids to decorate/hand prints and give them to all the grandparents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Kind of OT but I don't think they're THAT expensive. Don't forget you're not just paying for the photo and the photographers wage but also Santa's. we got a set with I think one large, 6 small and a CD for $40. That's all the GP's Xmas card sorted, each year we put the photo on a black card and get the kids to decorate/hand prints and give them to all the grandparents.
    I dont think they're that expensive either, we got 3 x large pics, 4 x small and 2 keyrings with photos in it for $30, I thought that was quite reasonable.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I think they are ridiculously expensive! Especially when nearly everyone carries a camera on their phone. I think the shops should have a -spend so much and get a Santa pic free.

We go to someone's local Xmas lights display and they have Santa in a sleigh and you take your own pics for a gold coin donation that goes to the Smith Family.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 16-12-2013 at 16:16.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is 4 1/2... We have ONE Santa picture... It's 2 years old, and its me on one side of Santa, DH on the other side, and DD on the other side of her dad while burrowing into his armpit!

I am very big on boundaries (probably I'm a little too OTT, but that's because of my own experiences as a child), DD is never instructed to hug or kiss anyone (I will ask her whether or not she has a hug for Gran/grandad/whoever, but it is up to her whether she does or not). There is no way I'm going to force her to sit on the lap of some old dude she doesn't know, just because he's wearing a red suit!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-12-2013),twotrunks  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took my boys for a Santa pic yesterday and DS2 was not keen so I just jumped in the photo. No biggie! However I was horrified to see the mother in front of me take about 10 minutes for her turn and by the end of the ordeal her DD (who I thought was smiling nicely) got off Santa's lap bawling because her mother kept hammering her to smile. Poor sweetheart I hope she was ok