+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    chocolate crackles with 100s and 1000s... my kids used to love them rocky road, honey joys, fairy bread made with a cookie cutter in a Christmas tree pattern

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #Mama View Post
    On Christmas Eve DH and I make pretzels from scratch. It's fun twisting them into the shape, and making funny shaped ones. They're so delicious, we have them for dinner with lots of butter and salt and hot chocolates it's one of my favorite Christmas traditions with him!
    Yum! Can I please have your recipe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We do gingerbread, rum balls, rocky road and maple caramel slice. I used to make crostoli and honey biscuits with my Italian grandmother - when my health gets back on track, I'm going to restart the tradition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ginger bread and mars bar slice are my two go to recipes. Feel like something a bit different this year, might try white Christmas or a good caramel slice if anyone cares to share a recipe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    On Christmas Eve DH and I make pretzels from scratch. It's fun twisting them into the shape, and making funny shaped ones. They're so delicious, we have them for dinner with lots of butter and salt and hot chocolates it's one of my favorite Christmas traditions with him!
    hmmm Mama.. can I have the recipe as well.. sounds like great fun and not soo sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Pink View Post
    When the whole family is together, we split into 2 teams, Dh's team and my team. A few kids on each team and we have a gingerbread house cook off haha lots of fun and laughs.
    That is a great idea! Sounds like so much fun!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

Mrs Pink  (17-12-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Orea cheesecake balls that look like reindeers, chocolate crackles with a little dollop of white chocolate on top with a red m & m to look like little puddings

And strawberry santas with a cheesecake type beard mmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two different recipes!
    The first one you need to leave the dough to prove for an hour. The second one is in the link and you'll be done from go to woe in half an hour.

I prefer the second one, and have made it several times. It's just quick and easy. Once I made it all with whole meal flour, and it was still pretty good but chewier. I prefer it with white flour.

4 teaspoons active dry yeast
    1 teaspoon white sugar
    1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
    5 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1/2 cup baking soda
    4 cups hot water
    1/4 cup kosher salt, for topping
    Directions

1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
    2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into a dough. If the mixture is dry, add one or two tablespoons of water. Knead the dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
    3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water.
    4. When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. Once all of the dough is all shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda solution and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
    5. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, until browned.

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/201...heat-pretzels/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two different recipes!
    The first one you need to leave the dough to prove for an hour. The second one is in the link and you'll be done from go to woe in half an hour.

I prefer the second one, and have made it several times. It's just quick and easy. Once I made it all with whole meal flour, and it was still pretty good but chewier. I prefer it with white flour.
    Thankyou so much! So then once cooked you dip in melted butter and salt, or spread it on.. ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MZmama View Post
    Thankyou so much! So then once cooked you dip in melted butter and salt, or spread it on.. ?
    I get them into the oven and wait til they're almost ready, then brush with melted butter and pop back in to brown up.
    Then i take them out, brush with butter again and grind some salt over them top. Let them cool.
    Then to eat I break them up and spread more butter (yes more butter!). Yum!!