+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas cooking

Sorry if this has been done already, but just wondering what you bake with the kids at Christmas time? We always do gingerbread men and ice them, but apart from that we don't do much else so I'm looking for some new ideas. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always do gingerbread men too also short bread and let yhe kids dust them. Could try a fruit xmas tree

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always make ginger bread men but instead of decorating the normal way we turn them upside down and make them into reindeer, the kids love doing that.

They also help to make our rum balls (with no rum in them lol) and love to roll them into balls and then into the sprinkles.

They are about the only things we make every Christmas but we also make other things like Christmas shaped biscuits etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    We always make ginger bread men but instead of decorating the normal way we turn them upside down and make them into reindeer, the kids love doing that.

They also help to make our rum balls (with no rum in them lol) and love to roll them into balls and then into the sprinkles.

They are about the only things we make every Christmas but we also make other things like Christmas shaped biscuits etc
    Could I have your rum ball recipe please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing for ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do stained glass window biscuits. Have also in the past done little pudding balls. This year I have made reindeer and Christmas tree cupcakes for Christmas parties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every year I make

Chocolate "rum" balls
    Rocky road bites
    Christmas Ice
    Gingerbread
    Chocolate melted into Christmas molds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I usually make rocky road in a christmas tree cake tin but this year we are doing Xmas tree brownies and I made these mini Santa hat cheesecakes last night
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1387171541.634325.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1387171595.257344.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    When the whole family is together, we split into 2 teams, Dh's team and my team. A few kids on each team and we have a gingerbread house cook off haha lots of fun and laughs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On Christmas Eve DH and I make pretzels from scratch. It's fun twisting them into the shape, and making funny shaped ones. They're so delicious, we have them for dinner with lots of butter and salt and hot chocolates it's one of my favorite Christmas traditions with him!