+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centre changing from family owned to Company owned

The centre I have my DS in for just over 2 months is being sold to a company owned structure with a company that is ASX listed. It was previously owned for 9 years by a husband and wife.Has anyone else been through this and did you see any changes good or bad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids one was owned by a family last year, now a smallish company own it and it's really come leaps and bounds.

They transferred staff from their other centres who are amazing, spent money doing up the outdoor areas, they share resources with other centres, right now their director and assistant director are both on holidays, so they have another centre's assistant director there running it and she's slotted in effortlessly.

I'd just see how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We has a similar experience to BlissedOut. Ours was great beforehand, but came on leaps and bounds after the change of ownership as well. Lots of upgrades to the building and learning programs. There was some minor upheaval n the early days after the change with some staff changes and we had to fill out all new banking forms/ enrolment forms and so on, and getting to know the new system, but overall it was beneficial. The cost went up as well but only 10%. I kept positive through the whole process, even if there were minor hickups, and I don't think the kids noticed anything different except all the new equipment in the playground! All the best hope it goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies. I haven't had much experience with a centre environment so I was curious to know what others have experienced. I guess it's just wait and see and hopefully the centre benefits from investment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm I wonder if our children go to Same centre!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bplus3 View Post
    Hmm I wonder if our children go to Same centre!
    We are in North Brisbane but the company has acquired 9 new day cares as I recent! So your centre could be another!