+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default After advice please :)

Hi all! I'm hoping to do an IVF cycle in May next year. I still have a little baby weight to lose which is why we are waiting a few months. I have PCOS so have had a bit of trouble getting it off but it's getting there. My question is what can I do to give myself the best chance of success in terms of diet, supplements etc? Our previous IVF success was a complete fluke on a cycle that was going to be cancelled so I don't really feel all that hopeful and want to do everything I can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BecT,

Welcome back to the bandwagon, generally, I think you want to optimise your eating habits and lifestyle really, healthy eating, lots of fruit and leafy green veggies. avocado is good for fertility apparently (if you like that) I would suggest to try Acupuncture, you really don't have anything to lose, if you have irregular cycles from PCOS it can actually help regulate them, and also balances out your body so you are healthy all round and in the best condition to nurture a baby in your womb - Hope I'm not sounding like too much of a weirdo. Obviously start taking folate supplements and any other you feel your body needs etc, but mostly just try to eliminate bad sugars, junk food and cool drinks etc, limit caffeine intake, it all seems like a lot but if you start slowly it will all become habit and by the time you get your BFP the whole "pregnancy diet" won't be so hard to adapt to.

But most of all my best tip is to make sure you take time out for you and your partner to enjoy the simple things in life and find something that relaxes you and do so often.

Good a Luck, and overall STAY POSITIVE!! xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefaithbelieve For This Useful Post:

BecT  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefaithbelieve View Post
    Hi BecT,

Welcome back to the bandwagon, generally, I think you want to optimise your eating habits and lifestyle really, healthy eating, lots of fruit and leafy green veggies. avocado is good for fertility apparently (if you like that) I would suggest to try Acupuncture, you really don't have anything to lose, if you have irregular cycles from PCOS it can actually help regulate them, and also balances out your body so you are healthy all round and in the best condition to nurture a baby in your womb - Hope I'm not sounding like too much of a weirdo. Obviously start taking folate supplements and any other you feel your body needs etc, but mostly just try to eliminate bad sugars, junk food and cool drinks etc, limit caffeine intake, it all seems like a lot but if you start slowly it will all become habit and by the time you get your BFP the whole "pregnancy diet" won't be so hard to adapt to.

But most of all my best tip is to make sure you take time out for you and your partner to enjoy the simple things in life and find something that relaxes you and do so often.

Good a Luck, and overall STAY POSITIVE!! xx
    Thank you I've done it before so it seems silly that I'm so freaked out about it but I really want to make sure I've done everything I can at my end and hope it's first time lucky because all those hormones make me crazy! I might look into acupuncture. My last few cycles have been 48 days, 24 days then 128 days! A bit all over the shop.

I've come across people talking about maca, royal jelly and co-q10 for egg health. Has anyone used these or had them recommended by their fs?