+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I heard this before someone said on a page on facebook I think. When you buy a new mattress make sure you keep the plastic sleeve it comes in and use it on your bed for a great mattress protector. She meant it for when kids are toilet training but I still think it's just as wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I imagine it just didn't occur to her- no one would knowingly endanger their baby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Side track a bit, but if someone was doing that for a toddler.mattress for toileting reasons, why would that be wrong?

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    Side track a bit, but if someone was doing that for a toddler.mattress for toileting reasons, why would that be wrong?

That's what I'm doing at the moment till we buy a waterproof mattresd protector. My son is 3 and just finished day training him. Haven't tackled night time yet

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post

This isn't a toddler mattress by the way, it's a bassinet mattress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know, I just saw a few PP.say.they would.never do.it.even for older ones. I did this for my toddler when she was TT and.thought it was a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Well, we left the plastic on dd2 matteress. Its still on there right now. I don't consider it a Sids risk in our situation because we have padded the matteress with a thick but not soft/fluffy woollen blanket and matteress underlay. Not thick enough to create a suffocation hazard either. If I just put a sheet straight over the top of the plastic then that would present a big risk. But dd2 and any other baby, toddler or child would still be able to breathe adequately should they fall asleep face down with the way we have lined the matteress. It is too difficult for her to pull the bedding off to get to the plastic for that to present a danger.
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 18-12-2013 at 15:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I Don't Think That's Wise

Hi,
    First, when you're potty training and need the waterproof cover, your child will be out of the bassinet, so you won't be able to use it.

And most of all, it's plastic. It's not breathable. It's not a good thing to have plastic material and toxins near your baby. You could have a blanket in between, and there will still be leakage that you may not even smell.

Don't take chances. Buy a waterproof cover that is toxin free. It's just not worth it.

Good luck,
    Julia
    Sweet Night Baby