+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Why would I buy a thermie?

Most meals I do are meat and 3 veg type cooker, my family most enjoys those meals. Aside from making dough for bread and pizza (including the proofing) why would I need or use a thermi?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. I'm the same OP. I've heard they're just fabulous but not sure exactly how it work for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use it to make smoothies, frozen fruit into a healthy ice cream. I make dips, biscuits, white sauce I don't have to stand and stir, risotto I don't have to stand and stir. I'm making my own butter for my baking also. Kids chicken nuggets etc. mincing my own meat so buying a whole rump and dividing it into steaks for BBQ or for strog or to mince.

Basically I am back to cooking from scratch and now I know what is in the food my kids are eating.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearCrystal For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try the other threads on here re Thermomix as the pros & cons have been discussed at length. I have one, have never regretted it, literally changed how we eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was dubious of buying one until I saw it in action at a friends demo. The lady I bought it off was really good and there was no pressure to buy. I pondered it for a bit booked my own demo and ordered it. I use it in some shape or form every day (sometimes multiple times lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I were a meat and 3 veg family, I personally wouldn't get one.
    3 of my 4 kids have allergies and I like to experiment with food/meals.
    I love using it to prepare meals (chopping veg, sauces, steaming, heating etc).
    Some days I can use it 6 or 7 times.
    (Porridge, shake, soup, dough, risotto, sorbet etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one and don't use it that much.

Re the meat and three veg meals, It is good for steaming veggies, but no easier than using the stove, although you can multitask and do veggies and rice or mashed potato at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You don't *need* one. I bought one because I wanted one. I love to cook and I knew I'd use it heaps.

We never eat any sort of packet meals anymore, I make our jams, I use it for dough, sorbet, custards. I love the mash it makes, I use it for beautiful soups. I no longer buy stock powder and make my own fresh veg stock. I make my own coconut milk for curries. I make smoothies, healthy food for bub, delicious baked good. I've made Swiss buttercream frosting, something I'd never have made without it. And oh.my.god. Yum!
    In general we eat far less additives and processed foods. It gets used daily. But you don't need one. If you are happy with meat and three veg, go for it. For my family, we like a bigger variety. And we like things from scratch. I get a lot of satisfaction out of cooking that way and knowing what's in everything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to cook and always cook from scratch. I got a cheaper Maxi thermocooker and whilst I like it for prep and it's worth $400 to make perfect sauces/gravy, but it's made me realise I wouldn't get value out of a thermomix because I don't like food (especially meat) cooked in it.
    A lady I work with was a VERY basic cook and she got a thermomix and loves it and has become a much better cook because of it.
    I guess it depends on what you like to eat and how you like to cook.