+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Never lose hope...

...normally I wouldn't come back in this forum and post (sometimes it feels like people are bragging a bit when they do!) but I spent so long in here before I got pregnant that I wanted to share this with people who are TTC right now. In March 2012 I had a miscarriage at 9w3d pregnant and I was desperate to get pregnant again before my due date. I didn't.

I passed all of the crappy dates that I was dreading, my due date, the day I got my BFP (Valentine's Day) and the one year anniversary of my miscarriage. I was really quite depressed. Every month was the same, hoping and praying that this would be the month that I would get my BFP.

I just hit the third trimester in what has so far been a successful pregnancy (absolutely textbook) and I won't lie, it's scary getting pregnant again after a miscarriage. I spent one lonely day at PAX (video game convention) when I was almost seven weeks avoiding the toilet all day because I was convinced I was having a miscarriage and I didn't want to go and see the blood that I knew would be there. I wasn't miscarrying and there was no blood, I wish I'd just checked but I was so scared of what I would see that all day long I was on the verge of tears because of it.

But anyway, what I really wanted to share with you all was the picture below. I posted this to a group on Facebook two days before getting my BFP. Never lose hope, it will happen and it will be when you least expect it.

pregnant.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Thank you! While I've only been off bc 3 months and officially trying 1 month and have been lucky enough to not have had a miscarriage, I already feel obsessed with getting pregnant and it's becoming all consuming.

This cycle I'm on vitex will be tracking ovulation and likely to test every day from 10 DPO, I'd like to wait til 15 DPO and no AF but this isn't realistic for lil ol impatient me, but if AF comes, the cycle after I'm willing to leave it to fate and bd 2-3 times a week after that and just let nature take its course.

I figure (well the logical fate believer me does) that if I am meant to getpregnant I will whether I actively try or just BD regularly and I'm not on BC.

I'm better off focusing my efforts on eating well and exercising than obsessing about timing of bd, symptom spotting and POAS daily.

I'll keep coming back to your post in moments of weakness

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm glad it could help someone! I was the same way, I used a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and was obsessing about it every month. The day I posted that was 9DPO and I'd tested that morning and gotten a BFN so when I got that wave of nausea in Gloria Jean's it just upset me because I saw it as me just symptom spotting again! Like I said, two days later I got a BFP at 11DPO. I still can't believe this is really happening some days.

Good luck with your cycle, I hope it happens quickly. TTC can be so sucky even from the first month because if you get a BFN you know that there's nothing you can do for two weeks till you start Oing again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats Goblin Queen. Im so glad youre pregnancy is going so well and that youre getting your much wanted bubby.

We've been ttc#1 unsuccessfully for 29 months now and Im on my second round of clomid and I can honestly say that Ive lost all hope that it will ever happen. I wish that I could have some hope but month after month of failing has crushed my hope Thank you for this post though. Its always nice to see a positive outcome to a struggle xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh hun, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think we ever posted in the same thread but I lurked a lot during the time I was TTC and I followed your posts every month hoping you'd get a BFP. I'm sad to hear it hasn't happened yet. Please don't lose hope, Clomid can be a wonder drug for some people and I'll have everything crossed for you this month!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

starflame  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Oh hun, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think we ever posted in the same thread but I lurked a lot during the time I was TTC and I followed your posts every month hoping you'd get a BFP. I'm sad to hear it hasn't happened yet. Please don't lose hope, Clomid can be a wonder drug for some people and I'll have everything crossed for you this month!
    Thanks Hun. We will see what happens I guess