+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I always thought you needed a receipt.

If you received a gift you wanted to exchange would you ask the person where they bought it? Otherwise you could be asking for a refund from Target even though it was bought at K-Mart (for example)? I must be missing something because I don't think you should be able to do that at all!!
    I feel the same.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    I got told the other week too by a Target store that their policy has changed - now even if you still have a receipt you only have 1 month to return/exchange. WTF.
    They have had that for a couple of years now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? I returned a box of duplo we bought for dd to target last week. It was for Xmas from us but our neighbour gave her the exact same one for Xmas and she opened it as soon as it was given to her. So I took ours back, without receipt, because wasn't expecting to return it. I just got a store credit and bought other stuff.

OP - were you expecting a store credit I refund? As these are two very different things/policies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always tell the gift giver if we already have something, this gives them the choice to take it back, give us the receipt or suggest we regift.

I really hope people don't take items back to a different store than purchased from, even though they are large companies, they are still businesses and that is dishonest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would it work if you brought another one, photocopy the receipt and then return them both on different days and say for the photocopy one that you lost the original but religiously keep copies of all receipts?

I wouldn't do this as standard practice but if they're being silly about it...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyMissA For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agree with mummytomy2boys... My local target will only return for store credit if no receipt and at the current item price. I bought a dress from Target, washed it, wore it, washed it again (all per instructions) and it had a look of having bleach splashed over it after the second wash. I took it back and could only return for credit. Dress was also now marked right down as it was end of season stock. Paid about $80, only got about $45 in credit back. Was annoyed as it was a quality control issue, but I didn't have a receipt. If I had a receipt they would've refunded the full cost for cash per the customer service lady. What can you do? Hardly going to hold on to every single receipt from every single thing I buy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    DS got 3 toys that he already had for his birthday so we tried to exchange them. Target, kmart, big w and toysrus all said they don't exchange without a receipt anymore
    I exchanged stuff today in kmart without a receipt. Other presents that doubled up....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Really? I returned a box of duplo we bought for dd to target last week. It was for Xmas from us but our neighbour gave her the exact same one for Xmas and she opened it as soon as it was given to her. So I took ours back, without receipt, because wasn't expecting to return it. I just got a store credit and bought other stuff.

OP - were you expecting a store credit I refund? As these are two very different things/policies.
    Store credit...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I always thought you needed a receipt.

If you received a gift you wanted to exchange would you ask the person where they bought it? Otherwise you could be asking for a refund from Target even though it was bought at K-Mart (for example)? I must be missing something because I don't think you should be able to do that at all!!
    But if you are giving them a product worth X amount in exchange for something else worth X amount what difference does it make? They're no worse off. Anyway this item is only for sale at Target but not target branded. Thanks for replies everyone . I couldn't ask for receipts as DS had a massive bday party and by the time he got to the presents I had no idea who gave what! ( which is why I write it on the card when I give presents). !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    But if you are giving them a product worth X amount in exchange for something else worth X amount what difference does it make? They're no worse off.
    Are you serious??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (16-12-2013)