+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I've done this so many times and it's my bloody phones fault at first I couldn't work out how I was always texting the wrong person then I caught the phone in the act. I would press on the person in my old message list and it would open up just a random persons thread I would just type the message and press send without realising it opened the wrong thread. Stupid bloody phone now I have to check check and check again that it's opened the right thread for who I want to message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry pushed send before I had typed anything.
    Last edited by Monster & Boof; 15-12-2013 at 16:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my sons SEP teacher e,ail me with some details I was not happy with.
    I replied stating I was concerned with the details and not confident in the result.
    She replied with

Hi, (principals name)
    this is "myboysmylife's reply
    to the email I sent this morning.
    i have not replied"

so she forwarded my email to the principal and accidentally sent it to me to.

i replied with "just so you know, I got that email too...."

havent heard from her since.

have also accidentally sent a text to the wrong person saying "busting so bad right now" while waiting for a scan lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I haven't, but have been the recipient of them!

A friend had left something at my house (we were about 20) and she txt me asking to drop it in.
    She left it at your house, she didn't lend it to you. It was her responsibility to come get it, not yours to have to drop it in to her!

As for the OP, sounds like this is a good thing and it's cleared the air between you and your Mum!

I've sent a few wrong texts but nothing horrible. At work earlier this year, though, I suddenly heard my co-worker screaming my name. I rushed in to see her and she explains that she'd sent a text to the wrong person and I needed to "get it back, quickly!" (I was known as the office IT guru). I explained that texts can't be recalled like emails, once they're gone, they're gone!

It turns out, her friend was having her 40th birthday dinner at a restaurant and my co-worker had just checked out the menu. She meant to text her husband but instead sent her friend a message that said "$35 for an entrée alone! Looks like we'll be eating 2 minute noodles this weekend!". She felt awful for sending it and then felt even worse when her friend replied and said "DH and I are paying so I guess it'll just be us eating noodles!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    She left it at your house, she didn't lend it to you. It was her responsibility to come get it, not yours to have to drop it in to her!
    Yes, exactally. But I didn't mind dropping it off, when I had the time. She had 2 kids under 2 yrs old, but the text was like "um wow!".

There had been no mention of it either betwen when she left it till she asked so I kinda forgot it was here. She only brought it around to show my mum something....sat it down, she left, we realised and put it aside so it didn't get ruined.

It hurt! I was there with her in labour at the hospital with her oldest (despite spraining my ankle only hours earlier at basketball). Minded her oldest overnight s when she had #2, while I worked p.t. During the day so her bf could sleep through for work...so I thought we were close .....but apparently not!

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post

As for the OP, sounds like this is a good thing and it's cleared the air between you and your Mum!

I've sent a few wrong texts but nothing horrible. At work earlier this year, though, I suddenly heard my co-worker screaming my name. I rushed in to see her and she explains that she'd sent a text to the wrong person and I needed to "get it back, quickly!" (I was known as the office IT guru). I explained that texts can't be recalled like emails, once they're gone, they're gone!

It turns out, her friend was having her 40th birthday dinner at a restaurant and my co-worker had just checked out the menu. She meant to text her husband but instead sent her friend a message that said "$35 for an entrée alone! Looks like we'll be eating 2 minute noodles this weekend!". She felt awful for sending it and then felt even worse when her friend replied and said "DH and I are paying so I guess it'll just be us eating noodles!"
    Hah! At least her friend was alright about it in the end!

Yeah it's cleared the air...but we are taking a break from each other at the moment. I told her all the issues I have from my teenage years and she did apologise..what's done is done but I feel like a weight is lifted off my chest. I do believe now that my Mum has suffered from mental illness all of our childhood undiagnosed so a lot of it is starting to make sense but doesn't change the scars it leaves. My younger brother has just been diagnosed Bi Polar and a lot of his behaviour I saw from my Mum in my younger years and she is just admitting now that she may seek help...just sad that it's all too late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Give it some time, hun. Hopefully if you take a break and she does actually seek help, then you can forgive her for her past behaviour and move on. It might be worth seeking your own counselling to work through any issues you have over everything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

FuddyMum  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone did it to me - sent a text b!tching about me (saying I said things that I didn't even say), to other friends of hers but accidentally sent it to me. She has another friend with the same name as me. I replied and said, "I don't think you meant to send this to me". She responded essentially blaming me instead of having the grace to apologise. Lol. I've pretty much cut off the friendship now as this is just one example of the same pattern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD once sent the following message from my phone to my chiropractor (she meant to send it to her dad): "I love you fatso".

Awkward.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (16-12-2013),CakeyMumma  (15-12-2013),kriista  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex fiance sent me a text message saying what a great night he had, obviously it wasn't meant for me but for the girl he was cheating on me with. Busted and dumped but it's now all worked out for the best.