+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was trying to send a text to my DH whinging that I had to go visit a friend in hospital after work (at her request- 4th minor surgery of the year, nothing serious). It was pouring with rain and I had a cold and a sick DS at home. I sent the text to the friend in hospital accidentally "blush"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't it astounding how much technology is responsible for the break down of so many relationships... I just had it out with my Mum about all sorts of issues..the catalyst being a wrong text message!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep i sent a rather Dirty text message to my Dads friend rather than the guy i was seeing at the time. He will never let me live it down lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It might make life awkward OP, but it sounds like it's something that you should have said to her LONG ago... so I don't actually think this is a negative thing in the long run. Hopefully she has a bit of a think about things and changes for the better.

As for me... I send wrong texts all the time. The only time it's been bad though, I've been able to get to the phone I sent it to and delete it before the person could see it. (Dirty message for teen bf, but sent to my father... "Dad" was next to "David" in my phonebook but luckily it was a weekend I was staying with dad!").

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (15-12-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't sent one, but a few years ago have had an email from my boss sent to me, about how I was late for work again, which she was meant to send to her superior.
    Stupid biatch! I just looked over at her as she sat in the desk behind mine and she turned red and mumbled, "oh, disregard that".

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sent a slightly naughty message to my friend instead of bf.
    Lucky it went to her home phone not her mobile so I dodged some embarrassment there !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't, but have been the recipient of them!

A friend had left something at my house (we were about 20) and she txt me asking to drop it in. it had been at home for about 6mnths and she hadn't mentioned it. it was just a book and id set it aside meaning to take it on my visits, or for if she came up....but always forgot.

I said no worries but it would have to be in a few days time as I was crazy busy with working 2 jobs and study (that she knew). Or she could have come got it too, but had 2 young kids so I didn't mind or expect it.

I got a text back (meant for someone else) about how I was being such a b****, and wouldnt give the book back, and how they were amazed st how I could turn something so trivial into such a big drama.

I didn't reply, I was too stunned trying to think of a way to reply...

Seconds later "omg! I just messed up and sent this text to shadow *insert text above here*... haha!"

Shortly after... "oh I'm sorry about that."

I just replied id drop it off in 20 mins...

To which I was told not to be so stupid, that on that weekend was fine. That she wasn't home then...and how she would like to catch up for a cuppa that weekend.

I didn't reply, drove across town to home, got the book, took it to her house, on the side of town I was at originally, handed it to her boyfriend, (was late to class).... And haven't heard from her since. This was like 8yrs ago...

One "friend" I obviously didn't need!

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FuddyMum View Post
    Isn't it astounding how much technology is responsible for the break down of so many relationships... I just had it out with my Mum about all sorts of issues..the catalyst being a wrong text message!
    I'd blame the user rather than the technology. Considering how in touch everyone is, especially with Facebook/social media, I'd say it's responsible for more people coming together (although where there are people there are dramas lol).

There is funny site full of wrong number messages and funny autocorrects, it's always good for a laugh I haven't had either yet, but I'm very careful about rereading and editing my texts, and I don't text very often anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have sent the wrong message to a complete stranger (she bought something from me and contact was via text) so embarrassing!
    I am the receiver of accidental phone calls because my name starts with A I am usually at the top of ppls list...I've heard all sorts of conversations lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh I sent my ex a naughty text meant for dh😁