+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bub had her first spew after a feed...

First of all, sorry about the blunt title. I'm too tired to think at the moment haha.
    So anyway, dd is 7 weeks old. She has never been a spewy bub. She has spat up only about 4 times after a feed. But they have only been very small and east to clean... Until today. I fed her this morning and everything was fine, she fell asleep so I put her back to bed and almost instantly she did a massive spew. I'm glad I was still right next to her to pick her up. I understand she is still little but she has never done that before!
    Would it be from something I ate? Or do babies start throwing up all of a sudden like that, after not at all? What was your bub like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my ds was a projectile vomiter from birth so I cant say much about your dd but im wondering if she just had too much wind and that caused her to be sick like that? it may just be a one off.. if you are concerned, I would raise her bedding slightly so that she isn't flat as this helps with reflux ( Not saying she has this but just a suggestion) my son had to be upright for 10 mins after every bottle even if he was asleep.. we also had to raise the bassinette and change table.. he was never laid flat from birth as it caused him great distress.... try not to worry, it may be just a one time thing... xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd was not a spewy baby at all. Few spit ups like you mentioned. .. and then once every so often a huge chuck of milk. Maybe 1 time every couple of weeks. Babies just do it sometimes.

However if it started to happen after every feed you'd question maybe reflux or something. But the occasional one I wouldn't be worried.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah she seems to be unsettled today as well. So maybe it's something I ate yesterday? Don't know but she hasn't spewed since!