+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat. DF has been away 2 weeks already and won't be home til Boxing Day. Was meant to be home but things changed with work. My kids will be with their dad Xmas eve and will come home round lunch. So Xmas eve a gf and I are going to have drinks, Xmas morning I'll go to my ILs for breakfast with them and come home again for kids to come home then off to my folks for dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep another fifo family here. DH flew out yesterday and won't be back till the first but possibly longer. We are fairly new to fifo (just over a year now) and this will be his first Xmas away fully. But if his roster stays the same it means he will be home for all of our birthdays (ds1 5th & ds2 1st) plus he will have next Xmas off so I figure it is worth the trade off.
    The boys and I will go to mil for Xmas lunch and see my dad either Xmas morning or night.
    Only part that is really getting to me is DH couldn't even be bothered to get me a Xmas present so I guess I will just buy myself one. I'm thinking a robo vac .
    I hope everyone has a great Xmas inspite of loved ones not being there on the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh no presents under my tree for me yet but that's cause my DF was called into work the lunchtime the day before he left so was a mad rush to pack that he didn't make it to the shops. He was meant to be home last week but had to stay on til Boxing Day so it kinda ruined his plans to get his shopping done. Ah well I enjoy Christmas more for the kids and spending time with everyone. Just remind me of that when I wake up home alone Xmas day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But in saying that I wouldn't change FIFO for anything as I love my DF its what he enjoys doing for work ATM and I honestly think we have better quality time ATM as we have an even time roster normally.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    everyone, some peoples' partners are away for a long time, I'm grateful DPs roster is pretty good. We are having our 'Christmas' this Sunday, with DP & MIL/SILs. My family are all over the other side of the country.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh my DH is away Christmas this year! He gets home about 9pm boxing day... next year I think his roster has him away for all of Christmas AND New year... 2 in a row is a bit sucky! We'll have Christmas lunch with my family and then do a second bit of chrissy stuff when he's home (lucky kids have pretty much doubled up on pressies) The morning stuff of santa stockings and opening of pressies will be weird for me not to have him here but hopefully he'll atleast be back in phone range so we can chat.

Hugs to all the others doing it solo this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my hubby just left to fly out... Sad he's not here, he put so much effort into getting the house ready for me to have my family here...didn't think I'd be this sad... Our little boys first Christmas & probably our BIL's last (cancer) going to be an emotional day, especially without my rock by my side. Sorry to be a downer I think it's all just hit me!

Hope you all have a great day with your families... Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hugs.....it's tough being a fifo family sometimes.

ME + DH = DS(2010) and DD(2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs fully understand how hard it is today. My DF is my rock too and not waking up with him here and also without my kids was hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love to all the ladies out there spending Christmas without their other halves. And also any mothers that may be spending Christmas without their children Xxx

I feel very blessed that my hubby was able to secure a job in Brisbane a few years ago and relocate the whole family so we never had to be apart for special occasions.

I spent my entire 20's working as a hostie and spent all but one Christmas in far off countries, alone in hotel rooms desperately missing my family and home and it's tough and I'm sure they are all desperate to be home too.

Merry Christmas..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-12-2013)