+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, aside from DH I would not tell a soul.

Most of my family are pretty privileged and I don't feel they need additional help, with the exception of my grandmother who I would just deposit extra money anonymously into her account periodically. Even though most of my family is privileged I know we would be asked to clear debts, etc, however I wouldn't be able to do that as most of their debts are due to silly reasons- like frequently updating their functioning cars because there is a newer model.

Aside from setting us up with a lovely house and so on, I would use the money to travel with WWF. The rest would be used for various causes as required, whether it's donated on cash, used to purchase supplies, or promote causes in need of awareness.
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 14-12-2013 at 15:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, I don't think I would tell anyone, other than immediate family who we would help out.

We would give most of it away, after paying off our house/buying a house in a quieter street.

We would ring the Salvation Army and ask them for their 10 most 'deserving' families and we would buy them each a house anonymously.

Pity we never buy tickets

Thanks
    Reviews
    We would tell our parents but no-one else. We'd keeping living in the same house, but would clear the mortgage. We'd keep going to work as normal. Therefore no-one would probably notice.

Other than clearing the mortgage I think we'd invest most of it. Would donate to some charities & possibly buy a really nice yacht.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would tell my parents but probably no one else. Id consult a financial advisor! I would buy a nice house with a big backyard firstly. Get a bigger more reliable car.
    I'd buy a holiday/investment house for my parents and pay off any debts. I'd pay to take my extended family on an overseas holiday one Christmas.
    I'd probably buy some investment properties and let my close friends who are struggling live there rent free as they wouldn't accept much else.
    Invest in DS's future education and trust fund.
    Then invest/savings ect. I'd like to use money to help local outreach groups in my area as well as having the time to help people without worrying about earning money.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would probably tell close family and friends but that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default If you won the lottery, would you tell people?

I'd pay off both of our families mortgages, and clear their debts.
    Set them up with some $$ for them to invest or whatever.
    Buy a string of houses all around the country and rent them at affordable prices - particularly areas that are notoriously expensive to rent. Darwin. Canberra. Sydney. Wherever.
    I'd love to be able to rent these to single parent or struggling families with kids who are living in "bad areas" and can't afford to move.
    I love a pp idea of renting to family and saving the money that they pay in rent to give back to them at a later date.
    I'd probably try to organize something like that for my brother, sister and SIL.
    I'd tell my two best friends I'd "come into a little money" and set up something with a little money for both of their children.
    I'd buy a lovely big house and fill it with LOADS of littles.
    I'd arrange trust funds for the children.
    I'd donate and invest the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't tell anyone. If any questions are asked I would just say we managed to get a loan.
    Not much would change, money in an account for the kids. Car paid off and a 2nd one for dh.
    And probably move to a house nearby with our new 'loan.'

its no one else's business really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After I came to I would wonder how as I've never bought a ticket in my life.

That aside I would help out a few friends and family members discreetly.

I would finish house. I would invest the rest to earn an income and set myself and family up for later in life.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't broadcast it but close friends and family. I'd pay off our two mortgages and go on a holiday first thing. Pay off SIL mortgage. Give my sister enough for a big house deposit( wouldn't just buy it for her. She had to take responsibility one day!). Then invest it . Oh and pay kids school fees as far ahead as they'd let me! Bloody private school ( but our choice I know).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 14-12-2013 at 22:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha I would be singing it from the rooftops!!!! I know what I would do with the money (have fantasised about it) so no way I would give it away to anyone who had the nerve to ask me for money!!! Plus Iam rich enough to hire security