+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Um yes of course you should be annoyed, you paid for the whole day and she is cutting off several hours of your time with no notice. I'd be tempted to ring around and see if anything else is available at short notice and just take your business elsewhere, but realistically that might not be possible. Definitely ask for your money back for the hours you're not getting. Did you get anything in writing from her about how long you would get the hall for and how much you paid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep that sucks!! Like pps said, ask for refund if hours you weren't there for.
    Do as much prep as you can and ask friend or other family members to help.

Good luck!

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    You poor thing!! I would be so angry!! I can understand why you are stressing out! Like PP have said you'll have to be super organised, do as much as u can at home like blowing balloons and tying them into bunches, cutting ******ers to desired length etc, and write out a list of all the things you have to do when you get there like hanging balloons, hanging ******ers, setting tables etc, then see if you can recruit close friends and family to arrive early and assign jobs to everyone. Oh and also write a detailed list of what you'll need and pack it up today, like blu tack, string etc. If you could have got in there early it wouldn't be such a problem if you forgot something because you could just run out and get it, but with only 1.5 hours to do everything you'll probably want to have everything right there and as pre-prepared as possible. Obviously also do as much of the food as you can at home.

I would also be ringing around today to see if something else is available for tomorrow, it's difficult I know but this is so wrong what she's done, I'd just want to take my business away. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be furious!!! So she is getting double payment for the day? That's not right. She can't just book some-one else in on the time you have paid for. I hope you have something in writing to show when you booked it for.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

mummytomy2boysxxx  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    If she's not refunding you money for her double booking, I would show up at the original agreed time, act surprised when you see people having lunch, explain to them what's happened, and hopefully cause a giant sh!t storm for the greedy lady!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (16-12-2013),mummytomy2boysxxx  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    How did you go today Minchi? Was thinking about you at 6pm and hoping it all went well and you were able to get set up in time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    How did you go today Minchi? Was thinking about you at 6pm and hoping it all went well and you were able to get set up in time!
    thanks! we prepared alot at home and were so rushed with dinner, dessert ended up being so late at 10pm... i had a few elderley guests winge about it which annoyed me cos it was the best we could do, and then we get home at 1am after cleaning and my 3 yr old son had a high temp and threw up all over his bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh no, that sounds like such a hectic day!! I hope your little guy feels better and you get some rest tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did the greedy lady give you some sort of compensation for double booking you?

Hope your DS is feeling better :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd almost want to ask her for more money back than just the hours she ripped you off, since she also caused you a lot of hassle and could have ruined your function. But I don't think I like your chances.