+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you do at your mothers group?

I'd love to hear what others do in their Mothers Group! ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eat, drink coffee and chat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our first few sessions at the clinic the nurse gave a talk, we had to give a highlight from our week then we often watched a DVD eg sleep, pnd, feeding etc

Now that we meet on our own we just drink coffee, gossip, admire the babies and 'sometimes' whinge about our hubbies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once the formal sessions were done we organised our own, sometimes at people's houses, play centres, we've had a mums n bubs pottery class, lots of mums only dinners, lunches in the gardens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep same as the above! For some (like me!) who's children are ALWAYS asleep when everyone meets up with bubs so can't go, we sometimes go out for mum only dinners or dessert. We go late enough so the mums who are still bf can give their bubs a last feed then dad puts them to bed. Our babies are only 8-10 months old but in this time we've formed great friendships :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually lunches at one of the ladies house, my place or parks etc. Our bubs are very active these days so we don't usually go to coffee shops anymore. I guess once they get a bit older we will probably go to indoor play centres also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mothers group is a young mothers Government run group (by Youth and Health Education Services) so every week we have a different topic to talk about usually with a different speak that comes in. We talk about mental health, health, sleeping, feeding, relationships, development, play, etc. There's a newborn group that is run by a MCHN and she comes down in the last half an hour to talk to us if we have any issues with bub and for a weigh. Some weeks we do pram walks to the broadwater. It runs for 2 hours and the last hour we have food (cake, cheese and crackers, fruit and cookies all provided and coffee) and usually sit and chat about anything and everything. It's in a huge room with lots of toys for the bubs to play with. I love it! I'm so sad to move on now that DS is 1.

But we now all meet up once a week and either go to each others houses, meet at the broadwater where there are man made rock pools which the babies LOVE, coffee, breakfasts, etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my mums grp.
    We go to each others houses and we all bring a plate of goodies. We chat, eat and drink coffee and the bubs (6 months old) play on the floor together.
    We cant wait for warmer weather so we can go have a picnic in the park. Im lucky our grp gets on really well

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We vary greatly, some weeks we go to people's houses other weeks it is a park. Sometimes we do activities like story time at the library, and we've had a thermomix party and a Tupperware party. Sometimes we go to the pub which has a fantastic play room for the kiddies. We sit around and chat about all and everything, and I've made some great friendships out of it. We recently had our first no babies meeting which was great!!