+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling all cervix position checkers!

Just wondering how far inside you vagina your cervix is? Is it a finger length, or less? Is it further inside when you lie down to check, closer when you are sitting or standing? Can you feel how long it is by running a finger all the way around it?

The reason I ask is because I think I have a prolapse. I was never a checker, so I'm not sure how far off normal I am just that it is totally abnormal now.
    I am 11weeks pregnant and waiting for a doctors appointment on Monday.
    Thanks heaps for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I am nearly 25 weeks and mine disappeared at about 16weeks ish, but before that it remained at about 5cm in, about 3/4's of a finger. It would be I guess about a cm up if i was feeling up the sides no more than that.
    I think they might tell you to continue pelvic floor exercises and sit it out until around the 16 week mark to see if it disappears out of sight
    Last edited by Kazza78; 13-12-2013 at 21:43.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Trio  (14-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If mine is in a low or medium position I can normally just feel it with a finger tip(finger nearly all the way in). If its close to O day and sitting high then I can't feel it at all. For me it is easier to reach standing with one foot up on the toilet seat, I tried lying down but it didnt make it any easier

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyConscious For This Useful Post:

Trio  (14-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish my cervix was like yours baby conscious! Mine is about 2 cm in. Sometimes further. But it's nice to have some hope it might head north again kazza.

Kazza you do readings? Can you see if I will deliver a healthy baby? If not could you tell me too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Trio you know I think I read about cervix's on bh a while ago. Apparently it's good to have a long one for pregnancy. I bet it will rise once bub gets heavier.
    Have you had a scan yet?
    Yes I do astrology readings but I could never tell someone if its going to stick or not. I can do one of you want on the other thread tho just as a general reading.