+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Learning to drive

I have decided to learn how to drive and possibly get my licence before the second bub come along. It is been stressful with hubby being impatient, constantly complaining. But I think I have progressed well though. However, this morning I almost had an accident while turning at a roundabout!! I was so scared afterwards and couldn't calm down for a while. I have also damaged the car a bit. Now, I have no confidence getting back to the car again, I feel like not driving is the best choice, there are plenty of public transport anyway. My dad passed away in a car accident, so this added to my fear. I don't know what to do, hubby suggested slow down a bit and may be don't hurry to get the licence sooner. I don't know, I don't want to rely on hubby everytime when I need to go somewhere that needs car ride. But my confidence level now are zero, so frustrating !

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Hugs xxx

I once backed a car into a brick fence on my L's - i freaked out and put my foot on the accelerator too hard. I think I wasn't quite ready for what we were doing (my dad was getting me to turn around in a dead end street using someone's driveway). I had heaps of lessons through RACV - they have pedals on the passenger side so you can't lose control of the car. Maybe getting some lessons through an organisation like that in your state (not sure where you're from) might help get your confidence back?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

HLE  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That would be quite upsetting, very sorry about your dad.

It would be best to try to drive as soon as you can, the longer you leave it, the worse the anxiety will get, even if it's just up and down the street, or around the block a few times, just to break that "I can't drive" thought.

You did have an incident, but it's all part of learning, it will actually make you a safer driver, you've had that experience now, so you can move forward, I think deep down you know it will benefit your family to keep trying, so keep going, you're less likely to be in an accident now, rather than more likely, because this will make you even more aware

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-12-2013),HLE  (13-12-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Get professional lessons, the instructor has a break on their side and they honestly are just the best. It also puts your mind at ease a lot

My dh started to teach me but he taught me bad habits which i then hadto get out if before i could gonfor ky tests.

After 5 professional lessons i was ready to get my p's and got a perfect score

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

HLE  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    Hugs xxx

I once backed a car into a brick fence on my L's - i freaked out and put my foot on the accelerator too hard. I think I wasn't quite ready for what we were doing (my dad was getting me to turn around in a dead end street using someone's driveway). I had heaps of lessons through RACV - they have pedals on the passenger side so you can't lose control of the car. Maybe getting some lessons through an organisation like that in your state (not sure where you're from) might help get your confidence back?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thank you, I think I stepped on accelerator too hard when turning as well. I am thinking about taking professional lessons as well. But I can't afford too many lessons so I thought I could do some basic practices first and take the professional lessons. May be I should take some professional lessons first and see how I go there.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    That would be quite upsetting, very sorry about your dad.

It would be best to try to drive as soon as you can, the longer you leave it, the worse the anxiety will get, even if it's just up and down the street, or around the block a few times, just to break that "I can't drive" thought.

You did have an incident, but it's all part of learning, it will actually make you a safer driver, you've had that experience now, so you can move forward, I think deep down you know it will benefit your family to keep trying, so keep going, you're less likely to be in an accident now, rather than more likely, because this will make you even more aware
    Thank you for your encouraging words, I feel much better now

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Professional lessons are great, you might find that only a few lessons are needed to help with your confidence.
    My sister had a car accident, not bad but it freaked her out. As soon as she had calmed down and was ok, Dad made her drive around the block. The next day, he made her drive around two blocks. The faster you can just go for small quiet trips, the easier it will be in the long run.
    For you and your dad. Good luck, you can do it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

HLE  (13-12-2013)