+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im sure they can look in cupboards but dont see why he needed to. Bit over the top imo

Im in SA and we have quaterly inspections

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Msbecb  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was training for property management we were told that if you open anything other than the oven you are breaching the tenants privacy. In my honest opinion he has spent excessive time doing a quarterly inspection and I would email him & the owner of the company stating what he did and that unless there are specific issues with the property that anything over 20 mins is unacceptable. I would also contact the tenancy advocate or advisory board requesting advice.

That is bizzare and down right creepy! How long does he normally take?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lennie For This Useful Post:

Msbecb  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Even though his boss is his father id still call and just say out of curiosity how long should a quarterly inspection take.
    Then explain that agent was there for an hour and it seemed an excessive amount of time in comparison to the time at the adjacent property

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Msbecb  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Seems out of line and excessive to me. I would contact your state rental ombudsman or similar for advice on what they can and cannot do before contacting the owner.

Best of luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mishh For This Useful Post:

Msbecb  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. It's not uncommon for him to be here so long. The longest I think was nearly 2 hours. We have had run ins with the owner of the real estate as well. We were having huge issues with our power constantly tripping out and we isolated it that it wasn't any if our appliances. The owner belittled me telling me it had nothing to do with the safety switch. In the end it turned out to be. No apology. But it's like they're trying to nitpick now. We moved in and there was rubbish all under the house. And just general crap everywhere. They've not managed the property properly. Now we have practically manicured lawns on 4 acres with free range chickens plus we just won our local Christmas light competition. That will give you an idea of how much we have increased the value of the property. The owner I refer to is the principal at the real estate not the actual owner. They live near barcaldine in Central Western qld. The only thing that stops me from writing a complaint is that we need a 5 bedroom house and this perfectly suits us. Something where we can live peacefully and have bedrooms for all the kids. We even have a small sunroom adjacent to our master bedroom for my toddler and eventually my baby. So it would be very hard to find something comparable. Thank you so much ladies for your advice. I'm going to sleep on it before rushing into any actions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does he do for an hour? That's ridiculous for an inspection. Our inspection takes less than 5 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    What does he do for an hour? That's ridiculous for an inspection. Our inspection takes less than 5 minutes.

same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    He walks around taking photos of everything. And he scans every entire surface of the house. He opened up my oven. But while next door he didn't even look in her oven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I really think you should call your local tenancy advocacy service. They are the best people to ask advice from in such circumstances.
    You could always try the RTA as well although I've always found them incredibly biased in favour of the LL/agent.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could they be trying to find (nitpick!) something small to get you out so they can sell the place? Not have to refund you your bond? Sounds like he's got something against you an hour is ridiculous!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-12-2013)