+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That wouldn't be acceptable for me, at all. I grew up around bad alcoholism, as did DH, so for years and years I had issues with any level of drinking.

Now I'll have a glass or 2 of wine maybe 4 nights a week. DH is a tea totaler. The kids have never seen either of us drunk.

Honestly, with the info you have given, severe binge drinking regularly, getting angry if he can't get drunk, taking sickies to get drunk mid week... it sounds like he has a problem.

A really good guide is asking yourself this - is his drinking impacting negatively on your family, his health, fiances, your marriage? if the answer is yes, then it's pretty safe to say he has a drinking problem and it needs to change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    jeez...are our DH's related??? my hubby used to say the exact same thing to me....but like you i had no desire to go out all night after i had children. my DH did this a lot after we had a first , all night benders and not get home til 4, 5 9am etc....its was extremely selfish and juvenile behaviour. i was on the verge of leaving him due to this and told him so....so he stopped. its not acceptable and its so irresponsible and selfish to expect you to put up with it, sets a very bad example for the kids and results in so much tension. sorry but he needs to build a bridge and get over the fact that his ligestyle must change now he has had kids...that doesnt mean he cant go out and have a good time, but you need to find a happy meduim..eg i told my DH i dont mind if he comes home at midnight but he must get up to kids with the kids in morning and getting blind drunk wasnt on at all ever unless we are away. he is missing out on spending time with his children and as a family....i told my DH i expected him be a "family man" when he had kids so that meant including sundays etc to GO OUT and not sit on the lounge hungover...its also very disrespectful of you. so no you are not unreasonable and telling you he would let you do the same does not mean its ok. good luck. its horrible..ive been there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not acceptable at all. He needs help for his drinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add that we are not married. Having a kid sure does make it complicated though :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Red flags here too.
    I agree.. Taking a sickie to drink is a major issue. Maybe once very 3-4 months would be acceptable for a session but at this frequency, I would be concerned. Also, he needs to overcome this issue so he can play an equal part in parenting. It's not fair for him to have so many recovery days at which time everything is left up to you. He says he would be more than happy for you to do the same, but you said it yourself - you don't want to.
    I don't mean to pry but is it possible that he has depression and is attempting to alleviate this with drinking? I know he used to do it while he was working etc but I'm thinking that he has now become reliant upon alcohol.
    I also agree that a liver function test may be a good wake up call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by changethestars View Post
    I should add that we are not married. Having a kid sure does make it complicated though :-/
    That doesn't mean anything these days. You live together, sleep together and have reproduced together. It is basically the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    That doesn't mean anything these days. You live together, sleep together and have reproduced together. It is basically the same thing.
    I agree, I was just mentioning it as people were referring to my "husband".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to changethestars For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree, I was just mentioning it as people were referring to my "husband".
    o I c

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH goes out drinking with his friends on Friday nights, it doesn't bother me because he's a great guy and very good to me and he is still young 32. I can understand that not everyone feels the same as I do so if it's an issue it's an issue that needs to be worked out and compromised. Why don't you try to get him to reduce the amount of times he does this rather make him stop altogether. You might get a good response from him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

He did used to take "sickies" so that he could have a midweek night out.

I just read this bit. Yep. Drinking problem.
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app