+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No pressies in our family so boring so sad! I think Xmas is about giving even if it is a $2 biscuit or card, anything.

We buy for DD and we buy for the grandparents that's it! I'm buying for a couple of friends kids this year from DD as I want to teach her about giving at Xmas and she ain't going to learn that with this dam family!!

I'm going to have 10 kids and Xmas will be the best. What I've always dreamed it should be ok maybe not 10 but a few hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We buy for my youngest brother/girlfriend, mum and dad, niece and nephew, and great nephew. Plus eachother and ds.

we have a limit set by all.. 20 for the kids, 50 for adults....however much on yourselves and your own kids. We weren't going to buy for my younger bro and his gf, but they said they wanted to buy for us so obviously we buy for them.
    We also used to buy for my other nieces but they are now 18 and 21. We stopped at about 16.

We don't see dfs family, and all of our grandparents have passed. We don't buy for aunts/uncles/cousins. We would be buying gifts all yeast if that was the case (mum is one of 17, dad one of 8, then most have had 2+ kids, and some even have grandkids.... ) no way! plus I haven't even met some of them, or seen most in at least 2yrs

I always have a couple of random gifts-favorites/biscuits/roses/soap etc-for unexpected drop ins, wrapped with labels just needing names added.....just in case. Usually not needed and we just use them for birthdays, if we don't eat them/use them ourselves.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 11-12-2013 at 17:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have a present for DS adopted nana and her partner i am still thinking of as he is turning into an adopted pop for DS and he is a nice guy even though i have only met him a handful of times.

I also buy for my dad and sister. Thats it for family as i have no other family.

Have a few friends from work who i will be buying for as they mean the world to me and i can talk to them about anything.without judgement.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just asked dp to text his dad to find out what the plan is this year, it's really tricky, for my side there is a Kris kringle, with a $40 limit, but for his side, we'll get his grandparents, sisters (in their 20s), dad and step mum presents, around $30ish each.
    I absolutely love giving people presents, but it gets so expensive and we just can't afford it. Hopefully his family might do a Kris kringle, they did another year, but we had no idea, that was awkward :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just buy for my parents and nieces and nephews. Could you implement a secret Santa? I agree with you, that is too much! I couldn't afford to do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We buy for our parents and nieces and nephews, we have 10 between us so it adds up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My side I normally would get my mum, brother (17) and sister (20) something but it's a bit tight this year so only getting mum something.
    DH side he has 4 sisters, 3 have DH/DP and we would normally do a secret Santa for $50-$70 but one of his sisters said lets give it a miss this year so that's good!! Then for all the nieces and nephews on DH side we now do secret Santa, so we have 3 kids so we buy for 3 kids, saves us buying for 6 which helps. Also means they get something a bit more quality... And less 'stuff!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're buying presents for 20 kids this year. More than half are nieces and nephews, but also cousins' kids and a friend's kid.

DP and I don't give gifts to our siblings or our cousins. DP will probably give his mum a gift.

Christmas always costs us heaps with the number of presents we need to get. This may sound grouchy but the number of Christmas presents I see the kids get seems so excessive....and unnecessary.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Night Owl; 11-12-2013 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We buy for DD, our parents, my sis and her partner and then our nieces on DH's side of the family.

I tried to introduce secret Santa into my fam this year. It failed. So instead I insisted on a $50 limit per person. We usually go overboard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We buy a pressie for my parents, DH's parents, my bro and his wife and their son, DH's brother and his wife (no kids), and DH's other brothers three kids (his other bro and wife requested no gifts for them). We also buy for my Gran and my Uncle. A lot of the adults get a calender that I've had made with photos of the kids.