+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Do you have any kind of schedule during the day? 6pm is late for an afternoon wake up. Only to be put down again at 7ish.

Is she closer to 4 months? Babies have a 4 month sleep regression, which would also explain her waking up 20 minutes later, she fell asleep in your arms, then she comes out of her first sleep cycle and wonders where her mum is.

You could try putting her down awake but sitting by her bassinet / cot and patting her on the tummy or rubbing her tummy, so she falls asleep where she's going to wake up. This way you are still with her, she can see, feel, hear and smell you there with her and you aren't leaving her to cry alone.

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Do you have any kind of schedule during the day? 6pm is late for an afternoon wake up. Only to be put down again at 7ish.

Is she closer to 4 months? Babies have a 4 month sleep regression, which would also explain her waking up 20 minutes later, she fell asleep in your arms, then she comes out of her first sleep cycle and wonders where her mum is.

You could try putting her down awake but sitting by her bassinet / cot and patting her on the tummy or rubbing her tummy, so she falls asleep where she's going to wake up. This way you are still with her, she can see, feel, hear and smell you there with her and you aren't leaving her to cry alone.

I don't have a schedule per se, I just do feed-play-feed-sleep with a 1.5-2hr wake up. And so I don't have a set bed time, after an evening nap I'll feed, play, bath, feed in a darkened room then cuddle.

I would love for her to settle in her bassinet but she springs awake if I put her down drowsy but awake. If she has a pacifier in, she might settle again. Shush pat makes her more worked up. I think at 6 mths I might need to do an intervention like camping out or something as I'm setting up all these bad habits for her!

She's still closer to 3 mths. At night sometimes she can wake up between sleep cycles, grizzle and go back to sleep. If she gets a bit more worked up a pacifier may help settle her back but not always.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No such thing as a "bad habit" when putting baby to sleep. You are just doing what your baby (and most babies) need
    Not all are self settling little bubs..mine sure aint !

Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post
    I don't have a schedule per se, I just do feed-play-feed-sleep with a 1.5-2hr wake up. And so I don't have a set bed time, after an evening nap I'll feed, play, bath, feed in a darkened room then cuddle.

I would love for her to settle in her bassinet but she springs awake if I put her down drowsy but awake. If she has a pacifier in, she might settle again. Shush pat makes her more worked up. I think at 6 mths I might need to do an intervention like camping out or something as I'm setting up all these bad habits for her!

She's still closer to 3 mths. At night sometimes she can wake up between sleep cycles, grizzle and go back to sleep. If she gets a bit more worked up a pacifier may help settle her back but not always.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (14-12-2013),peanutmonkey  (20-01-2014),Piyamj  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you cope Mrs Howard? It'd be nice to just put them in their cot and walk off but it doesn't happen!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post

The key is consistency in how you put them to sleep as they all eventually learn to self settle, some do it sooner than others, but a predictable routine will help so will a regular morning wake time and bed time.

I would start by waking bub at 7am every day and putting her down at 7:00 every night and at 3 months just do what you need to do time wise in between but don't let her sleep longer than 2 hours during the day.

Babies don't learn to self settle necessarily with 'sleep methods' it's all about being consistent so bubs know what comes next when they need to sleep and resetting their body clocks with regular wake up and night time bed times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Or you can just wait it out, and baby will learn how to sleep and settle when they are developmentally ready.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (14-12-2013),ginzy89  (14-12-2013),Piyamj  (14-12-2013),Stretched  (14-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alliepallie and Bubbles - I like your thinking! I need to just try and enjoy the cuddles now I think, and stop feeling I'm creating a bad habit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried patting the mattress rather than her? This has just started working for my almost four month old. With my hand on her tummy. Too little to self settle at three months i think, bit of assistance definitely needed. Your feed play sleep with 1.5-2 hr wake up sounds good, similar to us. But the regular bed time would be good to have, doesn't have to be spot on same time each night as will depend on how her naps go. I also agree that if nothing works just cuddle her and give her what she needs. She is small and i agree there are no bad habits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bond girl, I will definitely try that next time I pop her in the bassinet and she springs awake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bond Girl
    I have had some success with mattress patting. Are you doing it until bubs is asleep or just calm then stopping? Thank you.
    Last edited by Piyamj; 19-01-2014 at 22:23.