+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep many times. Haven't given up yet but nothing more I can so if he refuses to get help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience Belmont View Post
    Yep many times. Haven't given up yet but nothing more I can so if he refuses to get help
    That's true. Is it possible he's just scared ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is the same for 4 years we have been married he has been a grump, dosnt want to do things and whinges and complains when I say let's go do something. I had enough, he is terrible managing his anger too, I told him I had enough and said it's counseling and a anger course or see you later. Had our first counseling session yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Mine is the same for 4 years we have been married he has been a grump, dosnt want to do things and whinges and complains when I say let's go do something. I had enough, he is terrible managing his anger too, I told him I had enough and said it's counseling and a anger course or see you later. Had our first counseling session yesterday.
    How was the session?

My DH is a miserable p?!$k and also has a bad temper. I keep wondering if there's a reason for his behaviour. Did you session look at much like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    If he has bi polar disorder you may like to read 'I'm not sick, I don't need help' by Xaviar Amador. It gives you skills to help those with MI create change. It may be helpful in your situation.

Very frustrating and limiting or you. Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs OP, I often tell my husband he's like a grumpy old man! I'm 7 years younger than him too so his sh!tty grumpy attitude kills me. He has an acquired brain injury though and for a long time has refused to see anyone about his change in attitude and temper. I honestly feel like he's worse now than he was at like 6 months post injury.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The good thing was that I was there and told the counsellor in front of him so DH had no choice but to listen he has been genuinely trying since but next time we go the counsellor will give him strategies to try prevent the anger outbursts I hope it works I can't take it anymore. I've also told him I want him to do an anger course through relationships Australia which he said he would do as he would do anything to fix things. After 4 years of me complaining about his anger he is finally doing something I think the thought of us not being a family and him not seeing his daughter everyday has scared him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    How was the session?

My DH is a miserable p?!$k and also has a bad temper. I keep wondering if there's a reason for his behaviour. Did you session look at much like that?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH gets annoyed at the smallest things some times. Counselling well we have gone once so far but it was good I told him and the counsellor this angry he gets and over silly things and how it upsets me. The next session they are giving him some things to try manage it though I did tell him I want him to do a anger course through relationships Australia I think he is trying to get out of it but I want him to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    How was the session?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh needs to do something as I'm really over his tantrums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol yeah I see age as a kind of fermentation of the personality. Sometimes it makes a person a bigger as*hole. Sometimes nicer. I once dated a man who was ridiculously intolerant, I was forbidden from speaking until he was finished including the long pauses while he formed his thoughts and the long pauses afterwards to be sure he was indeed finished speaking. If I dared speak at the wrong moment he would take a deep breath, close his eyes and open them again with a quietly furious demeanor for hours afterwards. Suffice to say, that ended up being a short term relationship lol.