+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High IGA levels in blood test

Hi there just wondering if anyone had a blood test called 'immunoglobulins' testing for igg, iga & igm when looking for possible auto immune issues? I had it done along with a few other tests and my iGA levels are slightly raised. Not too much though, the higher part of the normal range was 3.5 and my level was 4.3. Does anyone know much about this and could it be a potential immune issue? I.e. my immune system is too 'strong'? What do u think? Has anyone else had this test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD had elevated IgA due to food intolerances. Will your GP be doing further testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    DD had elevated IgA due to food intolerances. Will your GP be doing further testing?
    Nah the GP said it was fine because it wasnt far over the range. Im not so sure tho. My GP has been clueless about anything trying to conceive or pregnancy related that is out of the usual. How far over the range was ur daughters iga level? What further tests did she get? I thought it was iGE that was related to food intolerances? But then again its all so confusing I really dont know!

Similar Threads

1. High Folate Results in blood test?
    By hummingbird1 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-09-2013, 07:33
  2. Blood test Levels @ CD27 - Still no Ovulation - Feeling deflated
    By KrysnJess in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-08-2013, 14:59
  3. Help - Blood Test, HCG levels, early US - confused...
    By BubblesnGruff in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 22:15